Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Game 2 - May 2, 2015 (SERIES TIED 1-1) Mod Message #226

Status
Not open for further replies.

coogz13

Jun 29, 2009
Connecticut
Why? We easily had the edge in the game and controlled play for most of it. Other than Ovi's singular beautiful moment what else did they as a team do that was so impressive?

This. Was at the game yesterday and was really taken back by how much better the rangers looked than the caps. Obviously credit to AO on his goal (beauty), but outside of a few of his moments this series, we're up 2-0 easily (These guys are actually the matchup I wanted in the first round).

I still hold with Rangers in 5. We're the better team, we know it and we're going to prove it. Being stung late in game one might have been the best thing for the guys.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Either you forgot the :sarcasm: or watched the wrong game.

PPs were 4-0. Game was rigged. Refs hate the caps. If you go back years, you see the refs always call more penalties on the caps than the Rangers. This is a rigged game. The fix is clearly in and it has absolutely nothing to do with the caps being one of the worst disciplined teams over the past 5 seasons.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
This. Was at the game yesterday and was really taken back by how much better the rangers looked than the caps. Obviously credit to AO on his goal (beauty), but outside of a few of his moments this series, we're up 2-0 easily (These guys are actually the matchup I wanted in the first round).

I still hold with Rangers in 5. We're the better team, we know it and we're going to prove it. Being stung late in game one might have been the best thing for the guys.

I'm not ruling out 5 either. We're the best road team and there's no reason we can't take both in their building. To me, it's all about us playing the right way consistently than it has anything to do with the caps at all. As long as we stick to our identity and bring the intensity we'll be fine.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
PPs were 4-0. Game was rigged. Refs hate the caps. If you go back years, you see the refs always call more penalties on the caps than the Rangers. This is a rigged game. The fix is clearly in and it has absolutely nothing to do with the caps being one of the worst disciplined teams over the past 5 seasons.

4-0?

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

Ok this one was a bit easier to determine :laugh:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Yandle flopped and should be suspended. Glass to a chainsaw to Holtby's throat

That's right, I totally forgot about that! He was supposed to be brought up on assault charges right?

And was the league ever called about Kreider's continued aggression towards goalies?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Speaking of power plays, I was actually quite surprised that the caps had only been called for something like 17 penalties through the entire 7 games of the first round and game 1 of round two. Only 2 calls against (on average) per game? Seems hard to believe when you have guys like AO and Wilson leaving their feet on every other hit. Guess it must be a conspiracy against them. ;)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Speaking of power plays, I was actually quite surprised that the caps had only been called for something like 17 penalties through the entire 7 games of the first round and game 1 of round two. Only 2 calls against (on average) per game? Seems hard to believe when you have guys like AO and Wilson leaving their feet on every other hit. Guess it must be a conspiracy against them. ;)

That's because the refs called barely any penalties at all the whole series. It was just a free for all.

Go back to Game 7. Ove boarded the ***** out of Hickey while the game was tied and they completely ignored it. They werent just ignoring borderline interference penalties - they turned a blind eye to everything.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
no they're complaining about 2009

I guess this is what happens when your team is routinely outplayed at even strength, lacks discipline, and only has a chance to win if Ovenchicken can blast a powerplay goal from the left circle.

Apparently Holtby got speared. There is a difference between a spear and a high stick. Spear just sounds scarier.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I guess this is what happens when your team is routinely outplayed at even strength, lacks discipline, and only has a chance to win if Ovenchicken can blast a powerplay goal from the left circle.

Apparently Holtby got speared. There is a difference between a spear and a high stick. Spear just sounds scarier.

I dont understand how a fan base can cry for Yandle for diving to be suspended then cry about the refs on that Holtby play

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I dont understand how a fan base can cry for Yandle for diving to be suspended then cry about the refs on that Holtby play

The same way they can spend an entire series crying "Nassau Conspiracy" and then deny it the second I bring it up.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
I think we are playing him well, for the most part. He's just made some indefensible plays.

I agree. The two goals he scored were phenomenal. The one in game one was a perfect blazing wrist shot to the upper corner. And the goal in game 2 was impressive to say the least. Not much you can do with either of those two goals. Just shut down the rest of the team and take this series!

LGR!!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Now that we won, I can tip my hat to the awesome Ovechkin goal. One of the best he's ever scored and that's saying something.

McD and Girardi blew that one. You could watch that play and have the Benny Hill theme song playing in the background and it would fit perfectly.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I agree. The two goals he scored were phenomenal. The one in game one was a perfect blazing wrist shot to the upper corner. And the goal in game 2 was impressive to say the least. Not much you can do with either of those two goals. Just shut down the rest of the team and take this series!

LGR!!

That Kucherov or whatever his name is is another one that's dangerous.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm not ruling out 5 either. We're the best road team and there's no reason we can't take both in their building. To me, it's all about us playing the right way consistently than it has anything to do with the caps at all. As long as we stick to our identity and bring the intensity we'll be fine.

This is true. My dad told me the exact same thing on the phone this morning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA