Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Game 2 - May 2, 2015 (SERIES TIED 1-1) Mod Message #226

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
By not calling penalties, they ARE deciding the outcomes of games by letting teams get away with breaking the rules.

Yeah, if it's worthy of calling it a penalty during the regular season it should be a penalty in the playoffs. As long as they call it the same on both sides people can't complain.

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
I think anyone would have backed up a little if something with the burst speed of a gazelle and the mass of rhinoceros was charging down the center of the ice.

And the shot was a laser from far out too!

I know McD has not been the Norris caliber player he was last year, but sometimes the super stars can make you look like a fool, and Ovechkin roasted G, McD and the King in a flick of the wrist.

We won anyway.

Perfect tag for Kreider. :laugh::yo:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Yeah, if it's worthy of calling it a penalty during the regular season it should be a penalty in the playoffs. As long as they call it the same on both sides people can't complain.

Nah, the playoffs are always tougher and the battles fiercer. Most fans want the whistles to not be as common as during the regular season. It's part of what makes the playoffs what they are. I just think at times they've taken the concept too far, and allowed things that cross even that line.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Sadly this... If they just played the entire game like the 1st we could hang our hats on something. It has been a nail biter and when that happens luck can play a big part in things.

We have the 2nd best record in the playoffs and possibly even the best gaa. You might want to muster a little more confidence.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
You can question the defense, the finishing ability, or whatever else of this team. One thing you cannot question though, is heart, determination, or anything of that sort. After losing the SCF, this is a team that went on to have the best regular season in the NHL, rarely losing two games in a row, responding after bad periods or games. I'm sure that losing Game 1 the way they did was heartbreaking, so they went out and dominated the first period. So don't tell me that this team needs to watch the Martinez goal to be reminded of what they need to do.

If they lose a series, it won't be because they didn't give maximum effort.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Sadly this... If they just played the entire game like the 1st we could hang our hats on something. It has been a nail biter and when that happens luck can play a big part in things.

Luck is pretty much the deciding factor in most playoff series, especially after the first round. I've been harping on this constantly, but the NHL's dream of league-wide parity has come to fruition, Sure there are a couple of awful teams every year, but every single one of the playoff teams is very good, and the same is true for several that didn't even make it.

To expect this team to impose its will for a full 60 minutes, let alone for a 4 straight games in a sweep, is simply unrealistic. It's not like the Rangers just decided to stop playing like they did in the 1st period yesterday. The other team, that includes the current best scorer in the game and a bunch of other guys that really want to win, pushed back.

Are the Rangers the better team? In my opinion, yes? Are they better by enough of a margin that they should be able to dominate minute to minute as long as they "play their game"? Unfortunately, no. But the good part is that this is also true for every other team that's still standing. It sucks to be forced to resign yourself to the fact that luck is going to play a major role from here on out, but the sooner you do the more you should be able to enjoy what you're watching.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Rangers are 5-2, and we haven't yet seen their "A" performance...sounds like the the rest of the league is who should be concerned.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Ya know, if I may be random for a second; why the **** is there no game till after 6, and then all 3 games staggered amongst themselves? I mean seriously, who the **** is doing the schedule? Ya got an entire weekend, so hey, yeah, let's jam 3 of the 4 games up all at the same 4 hour block of time. Yup, great idea.

I mean seriously. Noon game yesterday, hockey withdrawal at night, then no ****ing day game today, then all 3 staggered so I have to flip back and ****ing forth a gazillion damn times and hope I don't miss anything good. Oh, and lord help us if there's OT!

****in NHL Scheduling Moron mother ****ers
Yes! I know. I was looking for a game last night and felt abandoned by the league...I was so looking forward to Montreal/Tampa or Anaheim/Flames last night.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Rangers got so "embarrassed" yesterday that they were a 65% Corsi close.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Yes! I know. I was looking for a game last night and felt abandoned by the league...I was so looking forward to Montreal/Tampa or Anaheim/Flames last night.

Glad I'm not alone! And that's exactly what it felt like.. abandonment.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The Rangers are 5-2, and we haven't yet seen their "A" performance...sounds like the the rest of the league is who should be concerned.

Agreed, but they have to bring it eventually. The caps are a team capable of burying us if we let them.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Agreed, but they have to bring it eventually. The caps are a team capable of burying us if we let them.

They absolutely are. We just need to stick to the game plan and take it seriously every single shift. And we most definitely need to pay more mind to our defensive turnovers; especially first pass.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Nah, the playoffs are always tougher and the battles fiercer. Most fans want the whistles to not be as common as during the regular season. It's part of what makes the playoffs what they are. I just think at times they've taken the concept too far, and allowed things that cross even that line.

I'm talking about hooking, interference and the like. I'm all for letting the tough physical play go...unless it's a hit to the head or a clear case of kneeing, charging or boarding.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
j.t. miller deserves a lot more praise than he's been getting

leads all rangers forwards in sa cf% and is extremely unlucky right now. he's been ****ing awesome. should have like 3-4 points instead of 0 these past two games.

might get shot for this but i think he's going to have a kucherov-esque step forward next season. not like 60 points lol, but a lot more points and a lot more confidence and consistency.

The Rangers got so "embarrassed" yesterday that they were a 65% Corsi close.

nah they sucked luckiest team ever ainec

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

leads all rangers forwards in sa cf% and is extremely unlucky right now. he's been ****ing awesome. should have like 3-4 points instead of 0 these past two games.

might get shot for this but i think he's going to have a kucherov-esque step forward next season. not like 60 points lol, but a lot more points and a lot more confidence and consistency.

I wouldn't doubt it. I thought he would break out a little this season, but he at least got acclimated to the NHL, and he's looked real comfortable out there. In the first period of game 1 he was their best forward before he decided to play a horriawful second and third.

He still needs to learn to not make bone-headed plays.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
In the Tampa/Mtl game they just called Morrow for a check to the head. I can't believe it. I thought that rule went out the window this playoff.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I agree to an extent, but what about the extreme obstruction. In many playoffs, the Refs set the tone for ******** like that.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007

Problem is fans think that calling the same penalties on both sides results in an equal number of PP opportunities for both teams, which it does not.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007

Rangers aren't scary, brah. Not dominant at all. Just lucky. And they have those refs...

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

nah they sucked luckiest team ever ainec

Meaningless statistics aside, he's been ehhh. Has had his moments of good forecheck and energy, but has had no finish to his game whatsoever and has made quite a few mindless blunders defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad