Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Game 2 - May 2, 2015 (SERIES TIED 1-1) Mod Message #226

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Completely, 100% agreed. 3 more like this and on to the next round.

The only reason that this was at ALL close was individual effort by Ovi - who as much as I dislike him, has the ability to carry his team on his back the way only really Hank on this team can do.

EDIT: and I'e been telling you guys for 2+ years about Fast's offensive upside. Long-term keeper.

I thought he had it coming from Hartford because it was more than apparent there, but it really never followed him to the NHL. Even before tonight a lot of the offense he was involved in this year wasn't much like it was in the AHL. Remember his first NHL goal? :laugh:

Today definitely was the AHL Fast. A good sign going forward.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I thought he had it coming from Hartford because it was more than apparent there, but it really never followed him to the NHL. Even before tonight a lot of the offense he was involved in this year wasn't much like it was in the AHL. Remember his first NHL goal? :laugh:

Today definitely was the AHL Fast. A good sign going forward.

When he came up, he was old school (and Swedish). He focused on playing the defensive game first.

Fast played like hot garbage game 1.
Had a nice game 2 but lets not start calling him an offensive gem suddenly.
Suffice it to say, I disagree with your assessment of his first game (when he scored the only goal the team registered).

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
When he came up, he was old school (and Swedish). He focused on playing the defensive game first.

Suffice it to say, I disagree with your assessment of his first game (when he scored the only goal the team registered).

i disagree with that awful assessment and not because he scored. he continually shows he's arguably the smartest defensive forward on the team and forechecks like crazy. the capitals never get the puck out easy when he is in their defensive zone, watch, he's fantastic at it.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

You mean where he was just at the right place at the right time and the puck went off him from Hayes' shot? Yeah, that was all fast :rolleyes:

He was awful outside of that, too. Fumbling the puck, turning it over and so on. 1 awful game with a lucky bounce and 1 good game doesn't prove anything. Talk about small sample sizes sheesh.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
i disagree with that awful assessment and not because he scored. he continually shows he's arguably the smartest defensive forward on the team and forechecks like crazy. the capitals never get the puck out easy when he is in their defensive zone, watch, he's fantastic at it.

Awful assesment? He was awful in game 1 overall. Go look at the replays and tell me he was playing well :help:

This wasn't even primarly about his defense, thats his best asset. this was about him suddenly having some sort of hidden offensive upside after 1 good PO performance.
Regardless, he was awful in his best asset in game 1.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Awful assesment? He was awful in game 1 overall. Go look at the replays and tell me he was playing well :help:

This wasn't even primarly about his defense, thats his best asset. this was about him suddenly having some sort of hidden offensive upside after 1 good PO performance.
Regardless, he was awful in his best asset in game 1.

i watched the game and he wasn't close to awful, not even close.

secondly, it's not 1 good "po performance". he's been good this entire playoffs.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And did I seriously read someone say fast has more offensive ability to his game than Carl Hagelin? Lol

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Seems like the better line mates Jesper has, the better he plays. Understandably a no brainer when you say that, but I just have a feeling he's really just started to come into his own. When he was in the 4th line with Dom and Tanner what could one really expect offensively? So his role was to shut down and try and get offensive zone time. Kind of like when Kreider busted out vs Boston 3 years ago in PO's. Everyone pays attention to the obvious scoring threats and a guy like Fast, that has been so responsible with little darts of offensive talent, is really making better offensive plays each and every game. He's one of our "Aces" in the hole, that we need to win it all.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I think St Louis and Boyle are finished... Maybe St Louis will step up at some point but both guys look like crap

It saddens me to see that's how it is, cause I really wanted the world for both of them here. They're both the types of players you root for. Just classy as hell. So I hate whenever game that comes and goes it appears neither has seemed to get it together. And it's not because of lack of effort at all. You can see how much it means to both of them. They literally must be up at night about it. So it just sucks. But I'll continue to cross my fingers for them, and root for them, and hope we have a few great moments left from them.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I've never seen so many excuses for a prospect's success. :huh:

I think St Louis and Boyle are finished... Maybe St Louis will step up at some point but both guys look like crap
They're in their twilight but Boyle scored tonight and MSL made the assist on the GWG.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I've never seen so many excuses for a prospect's success.

They're in their twilight but Boyle scored tonight and MSL made the assist on the GWG.

And then there's that lol.

I love them both. Just want to see them do enough to get the fanbase back in their corner; if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Boyle hasn't had many people in his corner all season.

True. But wasn't there like a week, maybe 2, that people were generally satisfied? Feels so long ago, and maybe my brain is making it up. But I'd swear it happened!

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
It's crazy how Nash couldn't do anything wrong early in the season, he even got a goal on a puck that redirected off his ass and now he can't buy a goal. It seems like every shot he does get is right into the mid-section of Holtby. Last year I assumed he was hurt in the playoffs but now I wonder if maybe he just doesn't step up in the big spot. But man if he were ever to get hot, what a boost that would be to this team!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Now that we won, I can tip my hat to the awesome Ovechkin goal. One of the best he's ever scored and that's saying something.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nash just seems to have trouble scoring goals in pressure situations, BUT he's been getting assists. He was largely responsible for two goals today. I'd take that over scoring 1 goal any day of the week.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
It's crazy how Nash couldn't do anything wrong early in the season, he even got a goal on a puck that redirected off his ass and now he can't buy a goal. It seems like every shot he does get is right into the mid-section of Holtby. Last year I assumed he was hurt in the playoffs but now I wonder if maybe he just doesn't step up in the big spot. But man if he were ever to get hot, what a boost that would be to this team!

It's Sam's fault (either him or Joe, I forget which one).

I remember vividly, the last sweet goal Nash scored, months ago now, and they commented how just everything is going in for him, and he simply cannot be stopped. I don't believe he's scored a Nashty goal since...

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Oh **** thank you. :laugh:

Was like..."What the **** is he/she talking about?"

:laugh: I was wondering the same! But now I figured it out, and killed 2 birds with one stone! Cause not only did I figure out what the **** the x comment meant, but now I also know what the **** your x's meant to begin with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad