Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Game 2 - May 2, 2015 (SERIES TIED 1-1) Mod Message #226

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

That's because the refs called barely any penalties at all the whole series. It was just a free for all.

Go back to Game 7. Ove boarded the ***** out of Hickey while the game was tied and they completely ignored it. They werent just ignoring borderline interference penalties - they turned a blind eye to everything.

Don't you get the picture? The refs don't want to decide the outcome of playoff games, so they ignore a lot they wouldn't allow in regular season.

I've noticed that in the third period they more or less put the whistle away.

To be honest, I think that's a good thing...let them play! :)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Still convened that in 7 playoff games we still haven't seen an A performance from this team.

This is true and it was true this time last year as well. They weren't close to their best in the second game of the Pittsburgh series either. I think this team's will to win will carry them through. I believe they are hungry for it after last year's taste.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Don't you get the picture? The refs don't want to decide the outcome of playoff games, so they ignore a lot they wouldn't allow in regular season.

I agree on the let them play. It's so much better that way. But there's a difference between let them play and let them engage in reckless and dangerous boarding plays that could end up severely injuring somebody. There still needs to be some level of regard for player safety.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
This is true and it was true this time last year as well. They weren't close to their best in the second game of the Pittsburgh series either. I think this team's will to win will carry them through. I believe they are hungry for it after last year's taste.

I think their problem isn't skill or effort, but the mental aspect of the game. I think they want it so badly they psyche themselves out sometimes and think too deeply.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
That was all OVechkin on that goal...He was world class there, nothing our guys could have done.

But Caps fans going on about us being embarrassed is a joke.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
That was all OVechkin on that goal...He was world class there, nothing our guys could have done.

But Caps fans going on about us being embarrassed is a joke.

Ehhh, let 'em have their moment. It was a great play and we'd be probably doing the same in reverse. And besides, it's the one wee little thing they'll be able to hold onto to help, if even a little, to abate their tears after getting eliminated next week; unable to advance past the 2nd round yet again.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Sorry, guys and girls. Please don't cross-post content from other boards in here to demean other fans.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
i'm pretty sure you have to fail an iq test in order to be a caps fan.

they could get rear ended and complain about the refs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Staal showed how you're supposed to play Ovechkin when he dumped him on the ice. McDonagh and Girardi obviously weren't paying attention to that play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McD especially was a lazy POS on that Ovie goal. I was really pissed at how absolutely lazily and poorly he played that. He deserved to be embarrassed.

girardi and mcdonagh both played that terribly.

girardi got caught flat footed and ovi went right around him, mcdonagh just wacked at him with his stick instead of playing the body.

inexcusable defense from both of them, it was a great goal, but very poor efforts from both defenders.

sucks because otherwise I thought they had good-ish games, if anything, better than everyone else.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
McD especially was a lazy POS on that Ovie goal. I was really pissed at how absolutely lazily and poorly he played that. He deserved to be embarrassed.

I think anyone would have backed up a little if something with the burst speed of a gazelle and the mass of rhinoceros was charging down the center of the ice.

And the shot was a laser from far out too!

I know McD has not been the Norris caliber player he was last year, but sometimes the super stars can make you look like a fool, and Ovechkin roasted G, McD and the King in a flick of the wrist.

We won anyway.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
i was at the game in section 101 on the end where Ovi scored. it was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen. Nobody's fault, jus tone of the greatest players doing his thing.

The Rangers did not play poorly, they just did their usual cant clear in the final minutes routine.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
shoot me for saying this but i just watched that martinez ot goal in the finals last year and after looking at each ranger they showed in just disbelief I cant help but wonder why they arent as thirsty for this **** after what happened last year.

Maybe av should show the highlight again to the team as a refresher. Wonder if thatll wake some people up

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
i was at the game in section 101 on the end where Ovi scored. it was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen. Nobody's fault, jus tone of the greatest players doing his thing.

The Rangers did not play poorly, they just did their usual cant clear in the final minutes routine.

Exactly. It just was what it was. Though I'm sure McD and G could both look at the tape and think of things they might've done differently, I find posts that go over the top in excoriating them to be more having an agenda than anything else. They in no way deserve such strong critique for what was just an absolutely amazing goal.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
1st place in the NHL/ President's Trophy, most road wins in NHL history, even with Hank out for a long stretch, disposed of the Pens in 5, 1-1 against the Caps. I'd say they are awake and doing fine. Their best is yet to come, which is encouraging.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
shoot me for saying this but i just watched that martinez ot goal in the finals last year and after looking at each ranger they showed in just disbelief I cant help but wonder why they arent as thirsty for this **** after what happened last year.

Maybe av should show the highlight again to the team as a refresher. Wonder if thatll wake some people up

I'm pretty sure they all remember just fine, and I think it's a bit ridiculous to think they'd need to be reminded.

And this team has won 5 of 7 in the playoffs so far. Tied for 2nd out of 16 teams. They're doing just fine.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
1st place in the NHL/ President's Trophy, most road wins in NHL history, even with Hank out for a long stretch, disposed of the Pens in 5, 1-1 against the Caps. I'd say they are awake and doing fine. Their best is yet to come, which is encouraging.

Exact same reaction I had, at pretty much the exact same time. It's almost offensive to accuse them of not caring enough.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Ya know, if I may be random for a second; why the **** is there no game till after 6, and then all 3 games staggered amongst themselves? I mean seriously, who the **** is doing the schedule? Ya got an entire weekend, so hey, yeah, let's jam 3 of the 4 games up all at the same 4 hour block of time. Yup, great idea.

I mean seriously. Noon game yesterday, hockey withdrawal at night, then no ****ing day game today, then all 3 staggered so I have to flip back and ****ing forth a gazillion damn times and hope I don't miss anything good. Oh, and lord help us if there's OT!

****in NHL Scheduling Moron mother ****ers

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

By not calling penalties, they ARE deciding the outcomes of games by letting teams get away with breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad