Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - 7pmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Give him some time and he’ll get there. He’s working through his list right now

still waiting on that list you volunteered to make.

I'll start you off:
-Wilson sucker punches Buchnevich who is already in a defenseless position on the ice.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

I'll start you off:
-Wilson sucker punches Buchnevich who is already in a defenseless position on the ice.
Already did. Glad you’re sticking with a term for a couple posts though.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Actually I have something to say about the nature of all this whining and crying about heavy hitting and dirty after the whistle scrums in today's hockey...but 99% possibility I'm getting a permanent ban for that kind of opinion. Better leave this topic lmao

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Dont like the punch on Buchnevic on that position, but it happens. TBH i think he sort of went easy for Panarin, just slammed him down after seeing who he was. He could have punched his teeth in.

If that sequence gets Willy games, shit. We are in trouble. But ill leave it for the DoPS as theres nothing else to be done. Too bad they hate Willy too.

Whats really bothering me is Ovie stepping on the ice and then not play. Starting to get worried. Obviously something not right there. We have been getting in the playoffs mood and now all the red flags. Ovie not ok, Oshie on a personal leave, Willy maybe getting suspended, Mantha going on a scoreless streak...

But alteast we won the Rags.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So Panarin got hurt and will miss "the rest of the season" which is hyperbole for 3 meaningless games. But most of the argument here seems to be that what Willy did to Buchnevich was the bad part. Seems like most folks acknowledge that Panarin grabbed/jumped on 43 and got thrown off, hitting the ice hard on the way down.

So my question is: which is the suspendable part? The punching Buch when he's down that did not result in injury AFAIK or the rag doll of Panarin which is a natural reaction to having someone jump on your back but led to injury?

Last edited:

Xoleraz

May 4, 2021

I'll start you off:

The ref is having a great position, if he saw it and did not even eject Tom, then he should be safe from suspension right? The ref had a better look than the video actually.
upload_2021-5-3_23-9-14-gif.429413

585dyw.gif

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The ref is having a great position, if he saw it and did not even eject Tom, then he should be safe from suspension right? The ref had a better look than the video actually.

585dyw.gif

you think Refs should have final say on suspensions? That's insane, refs make mistakes all the time.

Tune into any Caps GDT and Caps fans will let you know.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
So Panarin got hurt and will miss "the rest of the season" which is hyperbole for 3 meaningless games. But most of the argument here seems to be that what Willy did to Buchnevich was the bad part. Seems like most folks acknowledge that Panarin grabbed/jumped on 43 and got thrown off, hitting the ice hard on the way down.

So my question is: which is the suspendable part? The punching Buch when he's down that did not result in injury AFAIK or the rag doll of Panarin which is a natural reaction to having someone jump on your back but led to injury?

I think both are suspendable.

For the Panarin one I think there's lots of scrums every game and players manage to not body slam each other, so its not really a good excuse. Its a play that has a large risk of head injury, which NHL (sometimes) takes seriously.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think both are suspendable.

For the Panarin one I think there's lots of scrums every game and players manage to not body slam each other, so its not really a good excuse. Its a play that has a large risk of head injury, which NHL (sometimes) takes seriously.
The "punch" to Buch is nothing. Willy wrestles him down to prevent any further play on the puck or hacking at Vanny. I guess you could call that interference if you want. And while he has him down he throws a soft gloved punch. That shit goes on all game every game. Guys take a little shot when they can. Maybe it looks worse because Buchnevich was down but it really seems like not much of anything. And anyone claiming they can tell where that punch landed from the available video is full of shit.

Then the Rags players, Strome and Panarin, leap in to defend their teammate. Fine. And so fighting ensues and Panarin gets rag dolled. He even gets up once and tries to keep fighting.

All of this seems like routine scrum stuff to me. Which BTW, is also what Lavi said about it in his post-game. But it's Wilson and he was pissed off... Maybe Buch chirped him or something... so everyone loses it. Any other player and this is a nothing story.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The "punch" to Buch is nothing. Willy wrestles him down to prevent any further play on the ouch or hacking at Vanny. I guess you could call that interference if you want. And while he has him down he throws a soft gloved punch. That shit goes on all game every game. Guys take a little shot when they can. Maybe it looks worse because Buchnevich was down but it really seems like not much of anything. And anyone claiming they can tell where that punch landed from the available video is full of shit.

Then the Rags players, Strome and Panarin, leap in to defend their teammate. Fine. And so fighting ensues and Panarin gets rag dolled. He even gets up once and tries to keep fighting.

All of this seems like routine scrum stuff to me. Which BTW, is also what Lavi said about it in his post-game. But it's Wilson and he aas pissed off... Maybe Buch chirp ed him.or something... so everyone loses it. Any other player and this is a nothing story.

It wasn't a soft punch and it was to a vulnerable player in the worst possible spot (his head)

I don't think Panarin got rag dolled, he got body slammed. If he just threw Panarin around without slamming his head onto the ice there wouldn't be a problem.

If Wilson was chirped or Vanecek was kicked or whatever may have happened, it doesn't matter. Wilson f***ed up and crossed the line, and did stuff that isn't in a routine scrum.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It wasn't a soft punch and it was to a vulnerable player in the worst possible spot (his head)

I don't think Panarin got rag dolled, he got body slammed. If he just threw Panarin around without slamming his head onto the ice there wouldn't be a problem.

If Wilson was chirped or Vanecek was kicked or whatever may have happened, it doesn't matter. Wilson f***ed up and crossed the line, and did stuff that isn't in a routine scrum.
LOL ok. You're way too fired up, and I just don't care that much.

Goodnight.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
The Rangers are eliminated so of course Panarin is “out for the season”

we’re talking about three meaningless games that he wasn’t gonna play in anyway once Boston clinched
Their coach said that Panarin is OK. So it's a precocious thing.

EDIT: I might be wrong her. Take it with a grant of salt.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

If they are going to suspend players they need to start off by suspending first offenses the same. No more I'm sorry moments and that goes for nut punches by star players, everything. It's frustrating reading main forums because people pick and choose their arguments but ignore the players on their teams historically. I love Wilson, but good grief the hate for him is strong with this new generation. One fan went as far as claiming Wilson is worse than Cooke. Last I checked Wilson hasn't used his skates to take out a multiple Norris Trophy winner. It seems the same fans were ok with Price getting rammed by Kreider and ruined the Habs chances. Remember last year when Malkin went crazy during the Caps/Pens game? I sure do, however the main forums quickly forget. Many of us remember Ulf Samulsson. That is as dirty of a player that ever existed in NHL history, but yet he played for those fan bases and never kicked out of the league or got the kind of scrutiny as Wilson gets. Even more crazy is a NJ fan calling the Caps the lowest. I think back to to days of Verbeek. Now that was a dirty player they seem to forget.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Their coach said that Panarin is OK. So it's a precocious thing.

EDIT: I might be wrong her. Take it with a grant of salt.
Stupid headlines. All say that Quinn is mad at Wilson for injuring Panarin, but when you read the actual articles all they have Quinn's presser where he's mad at the dangerous play that might injure a player and also that Quinn said after the game that Panarin is OK.

So not sure how after the game Panarin is ok, but now after a few hours he's hurt because of the brawl.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Even more crazy is a NJ fan calling the Caps the lowest. I think back to to days of Verbeek. Now that was a dirty player they seem to forget.

The little ball of hate, IIRC.

Sure, the game has changed, but some of these fans would have fainted on their couches clutching their pearls at the stuff that used to go on every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad