Prospect Info: Capitals Prospects and Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - 2014-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I heard SjogreMVP is also on the team.

He scored. I believe Vrana is #13

Just drew a penalty with some nice work along the boards. Mr "Top Scorer" is in the box....really, thats what it says on the back of his jersey (in big letters)

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Rough write up/commentary (starting in the 3rd):

Kid is smooth. Eluded a defender with a nice little spin-o-rama & has pulled off a few other moves as well. Lots of "ooh's" when he had the puck. Missed a deflection a bit ago and has had a few other chances. Generated some scoring chances. Willing to go the net and a take hit. Definitely needs to get stronger (his work along the boards was ok). Really couldn't get a read of his defensive play, but he did backcheck (the feed wasn't the greatest if you went fullscreen, so it was hard to make out some the numbers)

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Rough write up/commentary (starting in the 3rd):

Kid is smooth. Eluded a defender with a nice little spin-o-rama & has pulled off a few other moves as well. Lots of "ooh's" when he had the puck. Missed a deflection a bit ago and has had a few other chances. Generated some scoring chances. Willing to go the net and a take hit. Definitely needs to get stronger (his work along the boards was ok). Really couldn't get a read of his defensive play, but he did backcheck (the feed wasn't the greatest if you went fullscreen, so it was hard to make out some the numbers)

Everyones jerseys seemed to be falling into the back of their pants too. The only way I could really tell it was him was his stride or his name was shorter.

His Beardliness*

Vrana just scored a beauty against Bolzano.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I would think he's probably a gimme already for the WJC squad is why.

I guess.

Obviously injuries are a worry, but they could end up not inviting a player to the December WJC camp that could have had great chemistry with Burakovsky...

dogit

Dec 2, 2009
Just looking at the Erie Otter news on the HF boards and A. Burakovsky is definitely in their camp. Here's a note on how he looks:

Otternews always great to have someone there seeing and reporting what is going on. Andre is he making some of the D., look sick ? Heard he looks like he's ready to play with Ovie ?

A little further on another poster said; "...he didn't look strong enough to make the NHL, but should be able to make the AHL..."

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bura was indeed in Otters camp. Participated in the scrimmages and practices through friday, he did not play in the preseason game on Saturday. To be totally honest, I did not notice a huge difference between this season and last, but he was playing against a bunch of guys that cut the majority of the time so I can't really judge. He should definitely be in the AHL this season.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Looks like Vrana has been playing on the 2nd in these CHL & Preseason games.

Yeah, but Melin (coach) has stated that

1. The lines are far from set
2. They have moved away from line numbers, trying to roll 2-3 scoring lines with an 1a, 1b, and 2 (or 2.5) line, if you will. Whichever line is hot gets more minutes. Vrana will do well on whichever line and PP formation he gets time on.

Jakub had a great first period, not sure his points total, but at least a goal and an assist and arguably the best player on either team. You have to love his acceleration.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yeah, but Melin (coach) has stated that

1. The lines are far from set
2. They have moved away from line numbers, trying to roll 2-3 scoring lines with an 1a, 1b, and 2 (or 2.5) line, if you will. Whichever line is hot gets more minutes. Vrana will do well on whichever line and PP formation he gets time on.

Jakub had a great first period, not sure his points total, but at least a goal and an assist and arguably the best player on either team. You have to love his acceleration.

listed as having 2 assists so far

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
listed as having 2 assists so far

Suspected as much.

Linköping has fallen through a lot in the second, inviting Pardubice into the game by making it too complicated for themselves in their own end. 4-3 now, Vrana just had a great opportunity, but missed the puck, almost leading to a breakaway at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad