Prospect Info: Capitals Prospects and Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - 2014-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Domi is a ****ing ****. Just blatant headshot on a Czech, then 2 handed slashed Vrana on the wrist behind the play.

Vrana out on the PP though.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Four of top-50 prospects in the world. Not bad for a team that makes playoffs more often than not.

Only other team with four is... Buffalo.

NHL.com-style headline: "Cut like a Buffalo".

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Evgeny Kuznetsov, C, 10
Andre Burakovsky, LW, 22
Jakub Vrana, LW, 32
Riley Barber, RW, 37
Madison Bowey, D, 97

These are Pronmanns rankings, I think Fedfed was referencing, over on ESPN. He had Forsberg right behind Kuznetsov, and to think if we still had him

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Did Pronman change his ranking criteria? That honestly lower than I expected for Kuznetsov and Burakovsky given that it's Pronman. Much lower.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Did Pronman change his ranking criteria? That honestly lower than I expected for Kuznetsov and Burakovsky given that it's Pronman. Much lower.

He did.

Changes in my ranking philosophy from previous lists include more emphasis on upside, and a little less on older players who are closer to the NHL and have AHL experience. I also value defensive defenders a little more, thus a player like Scott Harrington makes the list in a significant spot after being previously omitted.

The criteria for a player to be no longer eligible for this list are: more than 25 games played in any one regular season or 50 career NHL regular-season games. For example, Mikhail Grigorenko is eligible, but Beau Bennett and Brett Connolly are not.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Evgeny Kuznetsov, C, 10
Andre Burakovsky, LW, 22
Jakub Vrana, LW, 32
Riley Barber, RW, 37
Madison Bowey, D, 97

These are Pronmanns rankings, I think Fedfed was referencing, over on ESPN. He had Forsberg right behind Kuznetsov, and to think if we still had him

Forsberg isn't even close to Kuznetsov.

I don't even get his criteria. He never ranked Kuznetsov #1 despite his performance in a mens league and his ability to actually win medals at the WJC unlike Drouin.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Saw this little tidbit which might help some:

Rankings place a slight emphasis on puck possession, based on numerous studies that show it is the single best predictive measure of team-level success. Performance is a secondary factor, adjusted appropriately for age, team strength, league quality and other contextual elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad