Friedman: Capitals interested in Marc-Andre Fleury

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Any chance we can do a Samsonov for Fleury (50%) + Irwin at TDL?

Would work cap wise and give Hawks young goalie going forward for rebuild

I dont really think Caps are ready to give up on Samsonov yet. And they dont have a backup-plan for next year, cant see them rolling with Vanecek-Fucale.

Id figure Vanecek is the one who could be avaivable though.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Marc-Andre Fleury Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Again 37 years. I’m not surprised that you can’t count given the substance of the rest off your argument.

Your take is terrible, username four letters too long, and belief in Fleury ridiculous.

The Caps are not a Marc-Andre Fleury away from anything and should not be willing to pay much to prove it.
Yes less than a year removed from being the top goalie in the NHL....sporting 3 sparking cup rings and available to a team on the cusp. You clearly are new at this so I'll easy. Yes wash isn't beating tampa Florida or Pitt in a 7 games series right now. MAF would help, just his presence would help. But MAF combined with another pc or 2 gets them that much closer. The simple logic and reality is, there isn't another goalie available right now that males the caps better than what MAF would do. An aging team in an up and coming division, this is probably the last crack at it for wash in a while. Whats ridiculous is the lack of logic you sport , but newbies getting educated is my thing!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dont really think Caps are ready to give up on Samsonov yet. And they dont have a backup-plan for next year, cant see them rolling with Vanecek-Fucale.

Id figure Vanecek is the one who could be avaivable though.

This is the common thinking. Samsonov struggles, so trade Vanecek. I dont get it. Of the two players, one of them is reliable. You know going in what you will get. He will show up to work and do his best. One player could be a star but doesnt seem interested enough to show it. The difference in mental toughness and compete between the two is a canyon. Give me the guy that wants to play

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Saw a few articles that Hawks and Colorado are "really close" to dealing MAF

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Yes less than a year removed from being the top goalie in the NHL....sporting 3 sparking cup rings and available to a team on the cusp. You clearly are new at this so I'll easy. Yes wash isn't beating tampa Florida or Pitt in a 7 games series right now. MAF would help, just his presence would help. But MAF combined with another pc or 2 gets them that much closer. The simple logic and reality is, there isn't another goalie available right now that males the caps better than what MAF would do. An aging team in an up and coming division, this is probably the last crack at it for wash in a while. Whats ridiculous is the lack of logic you sport , but newbies getting educated is my thing!
Your thing appears to be asinine suggestions that the Caps only option in any regard is Fleury.

It’s simple; if Fleury can be had cheaply, then fine. If not, the Caps aren’t interested. No point in wasting what precious little youth and Draft Capital the Caps have for a guy who couldn’t get it done on much better teams in Vegas.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
This is the common thinking. Samsonov struggles, so trade Vanecek. I dont get it. Of the two players, one of them is reliable. You know going in what you will get. He will show up to work and do his best. One player could be a star but doesnt seem interested enough to show it. The difference in mental toughness and compete between the two is a canyon. Give me the guy that wants to play
Let’s see who starts tomorrow. That’s probably Management’s tell. I’m guessing it’s not going to be Vanecek but we shall see.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland

i dont disagree. I just think that where Caps are right now, they still lean more on Sammys ceiling than Vaneceks reliability.

im fine either way, trade or dont trade for Fleury, but which ever it is I think has a message attached. If they dont trust for the current duo now, why would they trust to start next season with them either. So trading for Fleury (for me) means we need to make the decision on Sammy or Vanecek and move on.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
As a Caps fan I almost prefer the Avs get Fluery lol. I’ll watch either team in the playoffs, I just don’t trust fleury so much, he always seems to be a mixed bag within the same run, he let in really shaky/bad goals against the Habs last season and against the Caps in 2018

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
i dont disagree. I just think that where Caps are right now, they still lean more on Sammys ceiling than Vaneceks reliability.

im fine either way, trade or dont trade for Fleury, but which ever it is I think has a message attached. If they dont trust for the current duo now, why would they trust to start next season with them either. So trading for Fleury (for me) means we need to make the decision on Sammy or Vanecek and move on.

Because they are both still young and have potential. So instead of sticking with current duo which is not ready to compete for the cup, the caps can bring in a veteran with plenty of cup experience and give the kids time to grow up. If Fleury rumors are true, i hope the pull it off.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Because they are both still young and have potential. So instead of sticking with current duo which is not ready to compete for the cup, the caps can bring in a veteran with plenty of cup experience and give the kids time to grow up. If Fleury rumors are true, i hope the pull it off.

That was the thought process when Lundqvist was signed. 2 years later we are in the same place, so how much more time can Caps give for them to figure it out? Caps need to compete for the cup now, do we just sign a new veteran goalie every year?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Your thing appears to be asinine suggestions that the Caps only option in any regard is Fleury.

It’s simple; if Fleury can be had cheaply, then fine. If not, the Caps aren’t interested. No point in wasting what precious little youth and Draft Capital the Caps have for a guy who couldn’t get it done on much better teams in Vegas.
Never said only option but may be the best option ...

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
That was the thought process when Lundqvist was signed. 2 years later we are in the same place, so how much more time can Caps give for them to figure it out? Caps need to compete for the cup now, do we just sign a new veteran goalie every year?

Not every year. What vet did they get last year? The year before?
But in a year where the team has a realistic shot, why not improve your chances and try to fix an obvious weakness?
Their current two goalies have no playoff experience. Have not won anything. The best thing that the current goalie tandem has is potential. A vet goalie like Fleury will check off a lot of those missing boxes. And its only for one year.

I see this is a low risk high reward type of situation.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I read somewhere qbout that Fleury may be uncomfortable playing for the Capitals.

Unsure how true that is though.

I think that Fleury has a high price compared to what we thought it might have been. Especially with the amount of teams needing a goalie.

Colorado
Edmonton

To name a couple more teams.

Will be interesting who wins it and it could be the Caps. Wild to think I want Holtby haha from Dallas for the Pens and the Caps might get Fleury haha

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
What’s MAF value? Leafs really need a reliable, big time goalie. No way Leafs can go into the playoffs with these two guys. Chicago doesn’t have a 1st pick in the summer.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I would do it. Pick should be 20-30th overall. If Dubas is gonna waste a 1st on damaged goods last year. Then this is a no brainer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00