Friedman: Capitals interested in Marc-Andre Fleury

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
do-it-just-do-it.gif

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
MAF is going to walk down the end of his career on a lot of good teams I think, if he continues playing like this. He's starting to become a prime example of longevity and consistency versus peak now and I find it interesting.

As do I.

A few years ago Hank and Price were in their own group with Fleury in the asterisk dept. Seems the slow turtle wins the race via consistent longevity.

Not ashamed to admit I'm earing crow. Good for him at this point proving he wasn't a product of The Kid and Geno.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He picks his spot. So we don’t know. Whatever team he wants to go to will be it

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Lol why do you think Chicago would get that for Fleury when they got him for free and he's been highly mediocre this year?

Maybe you can get like Vanecek and a 3rd for Fleury, which is about the equivalent of a 2nd and 3rd.

getting a Vezina goalie for half price at the dead line and a goalie that has won 3 Cups has pretty good value

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Vanecek is attractive because his salary is very low. If MAF picks Washington over everyone else, maybe we see a separate deal of Vanecek to a cap strapped team like the Oilers. Vanecek’s name was linked to them I just can’t recall which insider it was off the top of my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00