Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils - 4/4/14 7:00 PM Caps Lose 2-1

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
HAHA you have got to watch the Blackhawks winning goal, it's hilarious stuff and dare i say Capitalesque. HAHA the sound and the dispare of the crowd, i shouldn't laugh but seeing as we've been through that year after year as Caps fans i will.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sure man. Our AHL call up with 5 whole games of NHL experience cost us the game. Not our 3.2 mil RW Leader of Men, our 1LD who was awfully out of position on the GWG, MaJo who couldn't bury any of the grade A chances he had, Grabo who whiffed on an open net, or the 6 straight minutes of PP time we gave them at the end of the first/beginning of the second which shifted any momentum we had. Totally Brouilette's fault though, you're totally right.

Which part of what he said wasn't true? Brouilette had a golden opportunity on a wraparound he didn't bury, and then directly lead to New Jersey's first goal. Just because he's a call-up and paid less doesn't mean he's any less accountable for his mistakes.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Sure man. Our AHL call up with 5 whole games of NHL experience cost us the game. Not our 3.2 mil RW Leader of Men, our 1LD who was awfully out of position on the GWG, MaJo who couldn't bury any of the grade A chances he had, Grabo who whiffed on an open net, or the 6 straight minutes of PP time we gave them at the end of the first/beginning of the second which shifted any momentum we had. Totally Brouilette's fault though, you're totally right.

What does one have to do with the other? Because he's inexperienced he gets a pass? He failed to clear the puck... led to their only goal. And he screwed up an open net opportunity.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Johansson screened Halak on the 1st goal really well.

More like the Devils player did. Johansson isn't exactly a crease clearing player, and he would have drawn an interference call if he did anyway. He actually did really well in terms of minimizing the additional screening compared to the Devils player already in position, while not allowing the Devil to get any closer to the crease.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
hahaha gotta blame some play or bad player, right? The Oates school of thought. The Mistake. Maybe the other team is better, and this team isn't that good. Maybe this team is poorly coached rather than doomed because of isolated Mistakes.

Vladiator16*

**** this ovechkin guy... he cant even score 2 when it counts!!!

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
i dint understand why caps fans still think penner is good.

I don't but everyone's killing Mojo and he sucks on a line with Nicky and Ovi so who else do we have to fill that handedness role without breaking our our only good line?

All I'd ask Penner to do is stick is ass in front of the net and let Ovi take pot shots at him. That'd be better then nothing. Its as if our team tells our players to NOT sit in front of the net, to them its more important to try and be cute and get it behind the net more often then not.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Isn't Brouwer the type of player who is supposed to elevate their games when it comes to physical games or important games?

Hah. Gulp. Complete nonfactor like he always is.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Adam Oates is going to win a cup as a coach in this league. Probably an assistant, but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets another gig as a head coach. Just last year everyone was in love with him.

If he does it's not gonna be any of his work or it's gonna be YEARS in the future.

He's a good talker (debatable) and he knows how to formulate a very simple power play. Sure they've got some nice tick tack toe plays but in reality its a very simple power play and its effective cause of the talent we've got on offense. Besides that he has no rhyme or reason to his decisions, he has no idea how to evaluate a players ability, and routinely is sticking people in adverse positions because he has it in his mind that's the way to play Hockey. People were in love with him because we assumed that maybe his system just took awhile to take affect when in reality, Ovi went beast mode and carried this team into the playoffs. There is no system.

And for the upteenthtime, his lines are the worst thing I've ever seen in my hockey fandome.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Great job by Beagle sandbagging on that backcheck to help seal Oates's fate!

The games MVP. A tear came to Ovi's eye.

Green and Alzner get honorables for not closing the gap up the gut.

Vladiator16*

on the bright side... not making ply offs gonna save me like 10 years of liver.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
a team w/o enough skaters to make 4 lines....

bozo-o.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad