Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils - 4/4/14 7:00 PM Caps Lose 2-1

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
skyfall-explosion.gif

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Mojo's man tipped that goal in. And mojo's line was also on the ice for the next goal too. And mojo couldnt bury our best chance of the night

And neither were Mojo's fault. Second goal was Beagle being useless (i mean has he done anything useful ever?)

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
And neither were Mojo's fault. Second goal was Beagle being useless (i mean has he done anything useful ever?)

He's not even good on defense or faceoffs anymore.

As of right now, he may be the single most useless player in the entire league. And yet Adam Oates still has him in the top-6. :laugh:

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Did anybody here disagree with the Oates hire?

I don't think anybody could see how incredibly dumb he actually is.

How many here got to actually interview Oates? I'm sure if anyone of us got to interview him and ask him what his lines would be, we'd laugh him out of the city.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
He's not even good on defense or faceoffs anymore.

As of right now, he may be the single most useless player in the entire league. And yet Adam Oates still has him in the top-6. :laugh:

I assume you are talking about Beagle? There is no player more useless than him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Adam Oates is going to win a cup as a coach in this league. Probably an assistant, but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets another gig as a head coach. Just last year everyone was in love with him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
No... Brouillette did. Failed to score... then followed it by failing to clear.

Sure man. Our AHL call up with 5 whole games of NHL experience cost us the game. Not our 3.2 mil RW Leader of Men, our 1LD who was awfully out of position on the GWG, MaJo who couldn't bury any of the grade A chances he had, Grabo who whiffed on an open net, or the 6 straight minutes of PP time we gave them at the end of the first/beginning of the second which shifted any momentum we had. Totally Brouilette's fault though, you're totally right.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
How many here got to actually interview Oates? I'm sure if anyone of us got to interview him and ask him what his lines would be, we'd laugh him out of the city.

A lot of guys know how to talk. Even terrible coaches can talk a good game. This is what I'll do, I'll implement a kickass powerplay, we'll be hard as hell to play against like LA by doing this this and this, etc.

Difference is that Adam Oates refuses to put his players in position to succeed, instead demanding them to play a style of game that they are not suited for. All great coaches build around their players. They don't get players to build around them.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I really don't get how we're not running

17 - 19 - 8
92 - 84 - 20

I don't get the love of Beagle. I think he's a serviceable player for what he does but he is not a top 6 player, its debatable whether he's a 3rd liner on our team. Both Hunter and Oates have fallen in love with an astonishingly mismatched player and it makes no sense to me.

i dint understand why caps fans still think penner is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad