GDT: Capitals @ Devils - 3:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Devil's defense has struggled since the new owners and Lou leaving. This is the most critical component of the game, yet they can't buy a defense. I blame the GMs.
Until this gets fixed, the Devils will continue to lose.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
The Devil's defense has struggled since the new owners and Lou leaving. This is the most critical component of the game, yet they can't buy a defense. I blame the GMs.
Until this gets fixed, the Devils will continue to lose.

Couldn't we say the same thing about their offense and goaltending? There are tons of question marks all over this team.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Capitals have like 2 guys under 28 years old and aren’t winning shit with the absurd shooting percentage they’re riding. Let them enjoy their second round playoff exists for another couple years and then they’ll be done.

The caps aren't the flyers. They are a very good team with another gear. We haven't seen a caps team that is motivated. They kick it up a notch in the playoffs because they have another gear. We just simply aren't on their level. It is what it is.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
The caps aren't the flyers. They are a very good team with another gear. We haven't seen a caps team that is motivated. They kick it up a notch in the playoffs because they have another gear. We just simply aren't on their level. It is what it is.

They kicked it up a notch once. The year they won the cup. Aside from that, more often than not they leave me wanting more in the playoffs.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

I never said the Devils are on the Caps level. I said they’re not winning anything with their shooting percentage. If they’re in the cup finals in July, call me out.

They’re an aging, good (but not great) team. We don’t have to make them out to be the 77 Canadiens. They’ll win a round or two and get bounced. And with the ages of the guys on the roster, that team will decline in the relatively near future.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Pretty clear that you just need to get this kid sustained zone time. Kuok's specialty.

Reactions: glenwo2

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Hey f*** the Caps, that was a great game by the Devils. Shots 39 to 19 for the Devils! Capitals are like the worst team I've ever seen that somehow wins games, once their core starts to decline and their ridiculous luck runs out that team is gonna be in serious trouble. Jack Hughes looked outstanding out there tonight, when all these posts and chances start going in and his linemates start to bury those empty nets he's gonna score a ton of points. And good for Zajac, I hope he keeps this up and finishes his career as a Devil. Also this should keep Merkley in the lineup especially if Palms is gone.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah but only 1 assist? Disgraceful.

This really is the prime example of why you don't just judge players based off of pts. Would him not getting credited with that 2nd assist really mean anything at all? f*** no. The actual on ice impact is what really matters

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Line combinations at least had some promise. And at least they are making games exciting to watch for the most part. But it’s strange how they just don’t have the game to match Washington. A veteran team that plays heavy but also skilled. That’s the nightmare matchup.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I know Fittzys philosophy is not to acquire vet talent before the kids are fully developed and ready to contend but we're gonna ruin them if that's the continued plan moving forward. To think we're even gonna be younger after Palms is gone and possibly kulikov and Murray is horrifying...we're making them sacrificial lambs

Reactions: aero8279

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I know Fittzys philosophy is not to acquire vet talent before the kids are fully developed and ready to contend but we're gonna ruin them if that's the continued plan moving forward. To think we're even gonna be younger after Palms is gone and possibly kulikov and Murray is horrifying...we're making them sacrificial lambs

He’ll get veteran guys on a discount in the offseason. The kids will be fine. No reason to throw out contracts that we’ll regret right now.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

We will bring in a few vets in the off-season through free agency. Fitz has talked about the importance of having men in the lineups for the kids to learn from.

The thing Fitz doesn’t want to do is give long term (4+ years) out to 30 year olds. It’s really not hard to understand.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We will bring in a few vets in the off-season through free agency. Fitz has talked about the importance of having men in the lineups for the kids to learn from.

The thing Fitz doesn’t want to do is give long term (4+ years) out to 30 year olds. It’s really not hard to understand.
It's easy to understand why Palms isn't staying nice of you to imply I'm ignorant to that. Saying that though you need more than what he wants to bring in...depth plugs. Whether it come via trade or fa, we need to bring in some legit talent.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hey f*** the Caps, that was a great game by the Devils. Shots 39 to 19 for the Devils! Capitals are like the worst team I've ever seen that somehow wins games, once their core starts to decline and their ridiculous luck runs out that team is gonna be in serious trouble. Jack Hughes looked outstanding out there tonight, when all these posts and chances start going in and his linemates start to bury those empty nets he's gonna score a ton of points. And good for Zajac, I hope he keeps this up and finishes his career as a Devil. Also this should keep Merkley in the lineup especially if Palms is gone.
I said this about Crosby the last time we played them, but when Ovi is scoring goals and getting assists it's not luck.

I do agree that when Ovi Backstrom Carlson slow down that team will have to go through it's own rebuild, but there are not many signs that these guys are slowing down right now.

Reactions: Oneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland