Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils | 1:00PM EST | NBC / SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This is not a #3 PP. The coaching staff would be wise to recognize that and systematically change it. Same complaint I’ve had fir a while now, extremely stagnant and plodding. Faster puck movement, players skating and attacking. We are incredibly easy to defend if there are no broken sticks or we send a seeing eye shot.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
This is not a #3 PP. The coaching staff would be wise to recognize that and systematically change it. Same complaint I’ve had fir a while now, extremely stagnant and plodding. Faster puck movement, players skating and attacking. We are incredibly easy to defend if there are no broken sticks or we send a seeing eye shot.
Also hurting is that Ovechkin is a complete non factor, more a negative.

Jarias2311

Feb 2, 2020
Puck movement and entry into the zone has been a huge problem for a long time.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
What drives me crazy is how little movement there is. So many stationary parts.

Reactions: racingmoose

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
That's a lame talk. They're #3, Forsythe is a bald genius and Vrana is the greatest zone enterer in the Ovechkin era.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland

Ovie is weird. His not even trying to make himself useful. He looks like he just doesnt care to take any part of it when we are on PP. Just sloppy cycle plays if someone forces the puck on him. Something obviously wrong, either he is playing injured or going through some rough motivation stretch.

Ovie being non relevant will eat that PP to zero. Ovie is the whole reason they play PP like they do.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Ovie is weird. His not even trying to make himself useful. He looks like he just doesnt care to take any part of it when we are on PP. Just sloppy cycle plays if someone forces the puck on him. Something obviously wrong, either he is playing injured or going through some rough motivation stretch.

Ovie being non relevant will eat that PP to zero. Ovie is the whole reason they play PP like they do.
Which is why I suggested in the previous game thread to consider taking him off PP1. It’s limiting us essentially to 1/2 the ice, passing it to him unless it’s a 1 timer is a risk.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Maybe OV is injured, and only the team would know. But if he is not, oh boy I don’t envy GMBM and this contract negotiation. He will be stuck between doing the smart thing and showing OV respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad