Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils | 1:00PM EST | NBC / SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Another day, another member must take on the burden of manufacturing a Capitals win from a GDT thread.

tumblr_ms0ww1t1yM1ru8yv8o1_250.gifv

Game Day Wishlist:

-700 Assists For Backy :thumbd:
-Ovi Scores A Goal :thumbd:
-Willy Causes Destruction :thumbd:
-Kuzy Back Checks > 0 Times :thumbd:
-A Win From The Boys :thumbu:

Will try to add lines unless @AlexBrovechkin8 offers his services to the GDT fellowship. :naughty:

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
The New Jersey Devils. I never understood the “s” at the end of Devils. The plural. Are there multiple devils?

anyway ... f*** New Jersey. What can we thank them for? The jersey shore? Bon Jovi? The f***ing crappy ass turnpike they have toll booths on every quarter mile.

have you ever heard somebody say “I’m taking my family to vacation in New Jersey?” The only reason my family ever visited New Jersey was for funerals. Death and depression are a big market up there. f***ing mullet wearing a holes.

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
The New Jersey Devils. I never understood the “s” at the end of Devils. The plural. Are there multiple devils?

anyway ... f*** New Jersey. What can we thank them for? The jersey shore? Bon Jovi? The f***ing crappy ass turnpike they have toll booths on every quarter mile.

have you ever heard somebody say “I’m taking my family to vacation in New Jersey?” The only reason my family ever visited New Jersey was for funerals. Death and depression are a big market up there. f***ing mullet wearing a holes.
This made my day....Awesome !

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Another day, another member must take on the burden of manufacturing a Capitals win from a GDT thread.

tumblr_ms0ww1t1yM1ru8yv8o1_250.gifv

Game Day Wishlist:

-700 Assists For Backy
-Ovi Scores A Goal
-Willy Causes Destruction
-Kuzy Back Checks > 0 Times
-A Win From The Boys

Will try to add lines unless @AlexBrovechkin8 offers his services to the GDT fellowship. :naughty:
I got you... once they're posted. Though I need to go run an errand real quick so I may be getting home a little after puck drop.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Time to watch the painfully bad pregame show with Alexa

Cant wait for a bunch of IG clips of nothing to do with the game

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
At least Grant and Courtney were real Caps fans and did their research on the team and could talk about matchups

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018

A large portion of New Jersey has a ton of cultural diversity. Jersey City and Hoboken are cool spots to hang out. The state is hardly monolithic. It’s not all the Jersey Shore. LBI is pretty nice.

I was born and raised in DC proper from Mt. Pleasant to Brookland, so I’ve been a Caps fan my whole life. My dad’s family is from Jersey though. My mom’s family is from NY.

You stopped your list of musical talent emerging from Jersey a little short at Bon Jovi by the way, lol. How about we extend that to include: Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, The Four Seasons, Bruce Springsteen, The Fugees, Queen Latifah, The Misfits, Dionne Warwick, Paul Simon, Connie Francis, Tony Bennett, Sarah Vaughn, Frankie Vallie, Paul Robeson, and many more. Oh and you might have heard of a little musical showcase called “Woodstock” that took place there. I know it was a little under the radar.

Thomas Edison lived out the second half of his life in Jersey. There’s a museum dedicated to him there. Albert Einstein lived in the city of Princeton, which is also not a bad little university by the way. Other historical figures include Aaron Burr and former President, Grover Cleveland. Buzz Aldrin: also from Jersey.

Actors and comedians include: Paul Costello, Meryl Streep, Jerry Lewis, Jack Nicholson, John Travolta, and many more. And, even if you’re not a fan of the gumbas, many of you are likely fans of a little show named The Sopranos. The classic film on The Waterfront takes place in Hoboken.

Famous writers from Jersey include: James Fennimore Cooper (Last of the Mohicans, the novel), Stephen Crane (Red Badge of Courage), and Walt Whitman lived out the latter portion of his life there.

Also, by your logic, The Capitals should be named, The Washington Capital. If you want to root for The Washington Capital and hate The New Jersey Devil though, you do you man, lol. Keep living your best life.

Go Caps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad