Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils | 1:00PM EST | NBC / SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Hx13.gif

Another win for the Caps! Not how I had envisioned it but a win nonetheless.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Not to be a downer, but they actually are in 3rd place when it comes to points percentage. Still not a bad position to be in.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not to be a downer, but they actually are in 3rd place when it comes to points percentage. Still not a bad position to be in.
Conversely, you have to win those games in hand in order for them to matter. See: Jersey, New as an example of a team that had played four less games than most of the other teams in the division but have lost four of five to waste an opportunity to jump up in the standings.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Relying on points percentage is overrated. It indicates having games in hand. Games in hand means a compressed schedule to catch up. Back to backs, 3 games in 4 nights, and 4 games in 6 nights makes it harder to keep up the pace. Give me the points in the bank please

Reactions: twabby and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Relying on points percentage is overrated. It indicates having games in hand. Games in hand means a compressed schedule to catch up. Back to backs, 3 games in 4 nights, and 4 games in 6 nights makes it harder to keep up the pace. Give me the points in the bank please

Especially this season with so much roster uncertainty.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Problem is that it's not a guarentee that all make-up games will be played this year. But that's a worry for another time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Problem is that it's not a guarentee that all make-up games will be played this year. But that's a worry for another time.

I am confident that teams that need to get games played will. If its an irrelevant game for any number of reasons, I can games not being played. If its a game to changes who wins the division, its going to get played

Reactions: tenken00

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Yep kinda like a close golf tourney just get in the clubhouse and post a score, who knows what happens down the line. Just win, bank the points, next game please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad