Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils | 1:00PM EST | NBC / SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yep kinda like a close golf tourney just get in the clubhouse and post a score, who knows what happens down the line. Just win, bank the points, next game please

I look at baseball. When those extra games are double headers that you need to sweep to get any advantage from them. Its hard to win both ends of a double header and its hard to win both ends of a back to back and then the 3rd game in 4 nights. The Caps with an older team have played more games. This means they are getting more rest down the stretch.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
but its a paper tiger, sell off everyone, burn it down!
Objectively their chance to win it all goes down each year with old core.
Selling assets while they still have some value will make it better in not so distant future.
The conversation is only about should they try to make that chance slightly better out of respect to Ovi or should they be pragmatic and do whats better for the team long term.

Nobody suggests burning it down for no reason.

PS: Didnt watch the game, only goals.

PPS: I see some comments indicating that team could certainly play without Kuzy (and even without Ovi maybe). Clearly a sign how less of an impact those two have comparing to 2018.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
PPS: I see some comments indicating that team could certainly play without Kuzy (and even without Ovi maybe). Clearly a sign how less of an impact those two have comparing to 2018.

I find those comments pretty ridiculous. Sure, a team can play without Ovie and Kuznetsov but that team is not going anywhere in the playoffs.....it's a strange season because of COVID but if your star players don't eventually play like they are supposed to you're screwed.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I find those comments pretty ridiculous. Sure, a team can play without Ovie and Kuznetsov but that team is not going anywhere in the playoffs.....it's a strange season because of COVID but if your star players don't eventually play like they are supposed to you're screwed.
This team's more or less Columbus if Ovechkin and Kuznetsov look like shit. Might advance past the first round if Vanecek plays out of his mind and channels inner Dominator but after that no chance.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Its been third season in a row for Kuzy. Thats the problem. He should be in his prime.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This team's more or less Columbus if Ovechkin and Kuznetsov look like shit. Might advance past the first round if Vanecek plays out of his mind and channels inner Dominator but after that no chance.

Very true, but also true of all Cup winners. In addition to contributions from 4th liners and ECHL'rs, Cup winners need their best players to play like their best players. Its maybe the only thing this board would be unanimous about, Caps need Kuzy and Ovi playing at a Conn Smythe level again, to win the Cup, again.

Not sure they need that to happen in February though.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad