OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Mighty Ducks are coming back and when I saw trailer I immediately thought of the quote, "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Here’s all the upcoming series released by Disney. Does not include the rumored Boba Fett series

Damn those+marvel series is going to get more people to sign up. Only a single show I would even watch so I'll give it a few years. Do they have 4k stream?

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Just watched 'Let Him Go' with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane. Slow in the beginning but got good at the end. Felt really bad for the little boy. The good Indian trope was not necessary either. Other than that I recommend it for a Sunday evening.

I do not recommend The Craft remake. They should've been ashamed to release such a thing! :tvhappy:

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Temeura Morrison has reportedly signed on for the Obi Wan series, so Boba Fett will be in that one.
Ah alright that makes sense. There were some rumblings about a potential show with Disney doing casting calls. Having him in Obi Wan would make sense though since it’s the same timeline

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ah alright that makes sense. There were some rumblings about a potential show with Disney doing casting calls. Having him in Obi Wan would make sense though since it’s the same timeline

I also just realized it’s possible that Temeura could be playing clone trooper(s) in the Obi Wan series, and not Boba Fett.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Temeura Morrison has reportedly signed on for the Obi Wan series, so Boba Fett will be in that one.
I also just realized it’s possible that Temeura could be playing clone trooper(s) in the Obi Wan series, and not Boba Fett.

Boba Fett would have been a young boy during the Obi Wan years, or maybe a teenager if we're talking about the time around EpIII before Obi Wan went into hiding on Tatooine. So a Clone Trooper makes more sense than Boba Fett.... unless the he's playing the headless re-incarnation of Jango Fett :D

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Boba Fett would have been a young boy during the Obi Wan years, or maybe a teenager if we're talking about the time around EpIII before Obi Wan went into hiding on Tatooine. So a Clone Trooper makes more sense than Boba Fett.... unless the he's playing the headless re-incarnation of Jango Fett :D
Depends on how long they want the Obi Wan series to span. Boba was already known to Jaba the Hutt before episode 6, so he clearly had been working on Tatooine at times when Obi Wan was there.
But given that Hayden Christensen is playing Vader, I’m guessing it’s probably closer to the Clone Wars and thus Temeura will be a clone trooper(s) of some sort. Rex?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Depends on how long they want the Obi Wan series to span. Boba was already known to Jaba the Hutt before episode 6, so he clearly had been working on Tatooine at times when Obi Wan was there.
But given that Hayden Christensen is playing Vader, I’m guessing it’s probably closer to the Clone Wars and thus Temeura will be a clone trooper(s) of some sort. Rex?

I guess it all depends on the exact years of Obi Wan. I'm having a hard time getting excited about the time between 3 and 4*, when Obi Wan grows really old, changes his name to Ben and probably sits around his hut enjoying some tea and dual sunsets.

I am still curious how time shifted so much between 3 and 4 where Luke goes from infant to 19 year old, while Obi Wan goes from ~30 to about 75.

Hayden Christiansen playing Vader is also interesting. He was Darth Vader as Christiansen the actor for all of about 6 hours, before he loses the fight and gets dressed up as the Darth Vader uniform we all grew up loving. But David Prowse is RIP so they gotta get someone!

The timing of the whole Obi Wan/Darth Vader thing just seems forced to me.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Ugh, they did it. They brought in Luke. Does this mean Grogu dies at the hand that whiny brat Kylo and his crew?
Also looks like they set up the Bob Fett series / mini-series.

Just give Fennec her own show.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ep8. What a flip to the universe. Im shocked right now after seeing this, didnt expect it at all. Totally awesome.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
How do they do a season 3 after that? Was that the end of the show? The Trailer after the credits makes it look like more spin offs

edit: season 3 release day Christmas 2021

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How do they do a season 3 after that? Was that the end of the show? The Trailer after the credits makes it look like more spin offs

edit: season 3 release day Christmas 2021
My guess is the show will shift focus to Mandalore and retaking it. Now that Mando has the dark saber he’s a target to Bo Katan since she needs to win the saber in battle to “claim it” as her own.

I’ve also seen rumors that Bobba’s story becomes more involved but I’d rather them give him his own show.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Thinking on The Mandalorian and all the new Disney shows, I kinda wish they weren't going to have an Ahsoka show and instead have an Ahsoka video game. I adore Ahsoka, she's probably my favorite current Star Wars character, and I think Rosario Dawson was a fine choice to portray her in live action. Yet seeing her in the Mandalorian still felt more like Rosario Dawson than it did like Ahsoka. The years of Ashley Eckstein and the animated Ahsoka feeling like the definitive version are big shoes to fill. I feel like the natural evolution for that would have been a strong, narrative-driven video game rather than forcing the live action.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
My guess is the show will shift focus to Mandalore and retaking it. Now that Mando has the dark saber he’s a target to Bo Katan since she needs to win the saber in battle to “claim it” as her own.

I’ve also seen rumors that Bobba’s story becomes more involved but I’d rather them give him his own show.

This does create a pretty awkward plot hole compared to previous Star Wars material with Bo Katan.

There are ways they can explain it away, but it's kinda goofy.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I'm reading that Mando S3 and Book of Boba Fett will be separate shows but both drop around the same time. If Jon Favreau is doing both, they will be great and I will watch them. At this point JF could record his dog taking a dump and I'd give it 4.6 stars and subscribe! I'm juts super happy that the SW franchise is, at least partially, in the hands of someone who gets it, and not the corporate douche nozzles at Disney.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This does create a pretty awkward plot hole compared to previous Star Wars material with Bo Katan.

There are ways they can explain it away, but it's kinda goofy.

"The Sabre has no power, the story has the power". (Reminds me way too much of Tyrion's big speech in GoT finale). Anyway, They would have to turn Mando's character on its ear to make this into a rivalry story, he clearly didn't want it and isn't looking to fight for it, so yeah, they will have to explain it all away if they plan on going in that direction (Mando v Bo Katan) at all. But as I said about I trust JF and his crew to do it well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
"The Sabre has no power, the story has the power". (Reminds me way too much of Tyrion's big speech in GoT finale). Anyway, They would have to turn Mando's character on its ear to make this into a rivalry story, he clearly didn't want it and isn't looking to fight for it, so yeah, they will have to explain it all away if they plan on going in that direction (Mando v Bo Katan) at all. But as I said about I trust JF and his crew to do it well.

I was more pointing out the whole "I can't accept that" thing doesn't really hold up when the same character has literally accepted the same object before without having to win it in combat.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Wonder woman 84 started filming in DC the day after the caps Stanley Cup parade it was pretty cool downtown during that time.

It looks like the metro scene is the Chinatown metro. I know those steps

Reactions: tenken00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad