OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This one hits hard.....RIP 007.

Favorite non-Bond character.....

Capt Marco Ramius in Hunt for Red October or....

Jim Malone in The Untouchables.....

Ramius for me.....

Sad day.....

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Well.....today I retired my Home Theater projector and 120” screen to swap to an 86” flatscreen......its glorious......thing is a monster.

Don't need to retire it just yet:

upload_2020-11-20_13-5-6.jpeg

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What brand/model?

I didn’t break the budget. LG NANO90. I’ve been doing video calibration for the last hour lol... I’m a fan of this site....rtings.com. Great reviews and talks through the technical aspects of the various settings.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I didn’t break the budget. LG NANO90. I’ve been doing video calibration for the last hour lol... I’m a fan of this site....rtings.com. Great reviews and talks through the technical aspects of the various settings.

I might be a videophile but sometimes it gets to a point of 'size matters' and that size is bad @SS. Logically for me I'm looking at 77" is the next step up but will always look at the size/per price. Agreed rtings is great. Saves time lurking through avsforums but worth a look there as well.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
So over the holiday break, I bought all of the episodes of Battlestar Galactica (2004) on a Black Friday sale and started watching it finally for the first time ever. I'm such a Sci Fi nerd, how did I not watch this show earlier?!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So over the holiday break, I bought all of the episodes of Battlestar Galactica (2004) on a Black Friday sale and started watching it finally for the first time ever. I'm such a Sci Fi nerd, how did I not watch this show earlier?!

it’s fantastic.....goes off the rails at the end a little, but I did a rewatch last year....so good.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
it’s fantastic.....goes off the rails at the end a little, but I did a rewatch last year....so good.

I'm nearing the end of the first season. Was binge wa- err productive the whole weekend. I was hooked after the prologue movie/mini series or whatever you call it. So many questions, but I don't want spoilers!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Same with me and The Expanse

Reactions: tenken00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad