Post-Game Talk: Capitals 4, Penguins 1 - Pens Earn Split in DC without Geno, Half of Pens Board Panics Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
And if Sully is going to play him 14 minutes a game with Sheary / ZAR / Rust, he’s going to have a hard time producing.
Yea. Yes. that’s what I’m starting to figure out. He’s having a hard time and I’m overreacting. Sheary isn’t cutting for him despite his chances to getting to the net and finishing.
I watch video of him about a min ago
. I changed my opinion on him. I see him going to right spots to create but his line mates are f***ing Ups not finishing. They are losing the puck and very sloppy.
I think Sprong can change that for him. Sprong can finish for him then I
Sheary can go to moon..

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
The problem with Sheary is there's only a limited number of spots for him to play. If it's not with Brassard, then who? Malkin's LW? Crosby's RW in place of Hornqvist?

Sheary being on Brassard's line is probably the best of a bunch of bad scenarios.
Yea. I just wrote that and I realized I was overreacting to him. He isn’t the problem although i want to see more dominance from him like he’s comfortable. He isn’t comfortable right now with Sheaey.

It feel like that movie with Sheary being with Sidney. I hated it. I feel sorry for Brass..

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yea. I just wrote that and I realized I was overreacting to him. He isn’t the problem although i want to see more dominance from him like he’s comfortable. He isn’t comfortable right now with Sheaey.

It feel like that movie with Sheary being with Sidney. I hated it. I feel sorry for Brass..

Rust's been more of a non-entity on that line than Sheary. If anything, Sheary and Brassard have been the ones creating chances. Rust's been uncharacteristically quiet and ineffective almost this entire playoffs.

Reactions: harmonica

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Sheary should be on the fourth line or out the lineup imo.

He should be in the press box .

Sheary shouldn’t ever be on Geno’s or Sid’s line ever again
@Sidney the Kidney
No Bueno.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Rust's been more of a non-entity on that line than Sheary. If anything, Sheary and Brassard have been the ones creating chances. Rust's been uncharacteristically quiet and ineffective almost this entire playoffs.
Yes. They had some chances but I think Sprong can be the shooter finish the chances and Rust open space for them. Idk .

As long as Sheary doesn’t go to Sid’s line. I’m happy .

Rust . I don’t know what happen to to him

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yea. Yes. that’s what I’m starting to figure out. He’s having a hard time and I’m overreacting. Sheary isn’t cutting for him despite his chances to getting to the net and finishing.
I watch video of him about a min ago
. I changed my opinion on him. I see him going to right spots to create but his line mates are ****ing Ups not finishing. They are losing the puck and very sloppy.
I think Sprong can change that for him. Sprong can finish for him then I
Sheary can go to moon..

The moon is so close though. Can we make it further away please?

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
I love Jake -Sid-Hörnqvist together but
Maybe these lines combo could work.
Just rambles of line combos.
When healthy .
Jake-Sid-Sprong ( get Sprong some looks) ( Hörnqvist )
Hags- Geno-Kessel ( Hörnqvist)
Hags-Geno-Brassard
(Rust)Sheary -Brassard-Hörnqvist ( Sprong)( Kessel)
Rust-Sheahan-Brassard
I don’t know about fourth line
i know I would to Jorris play 4C or wing
Maybe Sheary-Sheahan-Kuhn
Simon-Sheahan-Kuh
Maybe scratched Sheary, Rowney and Simon to bring in fresh hunger Players Idk.
@Sidney the Kidney

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
That was 60 minuets of a display of how the team needs to crash the neutral zone, with our speed speed speed game we are gonna give up chances in the defensive zone. But we can not let a team own two whole zones. The offensive with this cast will always be ours but if the team lets an opponent put a hold on the neutral we get cut off at the shin.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
look at this at the end. Jake just getting abused...vicious crosscheck, then a punch to the head.

-Hornqvist too, jfc, gets crosschecked to the neck hard...

The guy is wrong in the tweet. They did call one on the Cap abusing Hornqvist and an imaginary one on Hornqvist. You see, it has to be even. That way, both teams will get the message. If you go around playing like a thug, after the 9th or 10th penalty they are gonna send you and the guy you are mauling to the box.

You guys just don't understand the complexities of controlling an nhl playoff game. The key is to make every call seem to be completely arbitrary. You don't want the players and coaches to have a clue of what standard you are trying to set. If you can, call somebody for breathing on another player and then 5 minutes later look the other way when one player decapitates another on the ice. That is what the fans pay to see.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
That sucked.

Hope its not as bad with Dumo as all that (its hard to see a bottom three of Oleksiak/Ruh/Hunwick getting us all the way should we prevail against the Caps).

Hope Geno is ready - and ready enough to wear the cape.

Would have definitely taken a 1-1 split before the series. More so knowing we’d be without Geno and Hags for both.

On to the next one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A split in DC is what I hoped for.

That hit on Dumo, was it Ovy basically throwing a flying elbow into him? That's such a dirty predatory hit. The disallowed goal was an epic joke too, but that Dumo hit really chaps my ass.

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

That hit on Dumo, was it Ovy basically throwing a flying elbow into him? That's such a dirty predatory hit. The disallowed goal was an epic joke too, but that Dumo hit really chaps my ass.

It was Wilson clipping Dumo's head. He should be suspended for the series.........should

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly, with Brassard in the line-up, now would be the right time to bring up Sprong and put him with Brass. I get it, with Sheahan, it'd be a bit of a waste, RS is a fantastic player, but he's not as good as Brass offensively and I think that would make for an interesting look. If anything, I'd go..
Praying Geno is back...

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Hagelin, Malkin, Kessel
Rust, Brassard, Sprong
Kuhnhackl, Sheahan, Sheary

Sit ZAR, Rowney.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
That sucked.

Hope its not as bad with Dumo as all that (its hard to see a bottom three of Oleksiak/Ruh/Hunwick getting us all the way should we prevail against the Caps).

Hope Geno is ready - and ready enough to wear the cape.

Would have definitely taken a 1-1 split before the series. More so knowing we’d be without Geno and Hags for both.

On to the next one.
The Geno point is an important one. Geno returning is great, but if Geno's significantly hobbled (which he'd have to be to miss game 6 in Philly as well as these first two) he runs the risk of being a liability out there.

Returning just to return doesn't do much if he's unable to make a positive impact. I imagine his knee or ankle are f***ed pretty good, considering the gravity of the games he's missed. I don't think a few days extra to rest is gonna do much, but I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was Wilson clipping Dumo's head. He should be suspended for the series.........should
It really irks me that the team never says shit. If I am JR, I tell Sully to sit down and let him take it for the team this time and just f***ing blow the league up. Bring up a big ass tv and go over all of the shit that the refs missed and then be all "You want to protect the player, is this what protection looks like? Because if my team goes out there and does the same shit and they get called for it, I want a halt to the game and I want Gary Bettman and his cohorts to explain this time. I can order Chinese take out before my plane even hits the ground on an app that lets me track when it is leaving and when it will arrive, but the league still doesn't have the right angles to see a goal? Really?"

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It really irks me that the team never says ****. If I am JR, I tell Sully to sit down and let him take it for the team this time and just ****ing blow the league up. Bring up a big ass tv and go over all of the **** that the refs missed and then be all "You want to protect the player, is this what protection looks like? Because if my team goes out there and does the same **** and they get called for it, I want a halt to the game and I want Gary Bettman and his cohorts to explain this time. I can order Chinese take out before my plane even hits the ground on an app that lets me track when it is leaving and when it will arrive, but the league still doesn't have the right angles to see a goal? Really?"

I wouldn't say that. I'm sure stuff gets brought up. Doesn't mean because we don't hear it, it doesn't happen. I'd imagine its up to JR to speak to the NHL. I'd be surprised if he didn't. If Sully does it it won't achieve much. He'll just get fined and it gets away of what he preaches to the players.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Wow HT... Wow. Seeing this makes me furious it wasn't called back. It literally is ONE SECOND. One single second. ONE second from when he whacks Murray and when Mur needs to come out and challenge. One single second.

That 1000000000% should have been called back.

I was fuming during the game... there is no chance that wasn't intentional and him pulling his leg like that opened up the gap the goal was scored in.... if you don't call that GTI then wtf do you even have the rule on the books for?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Games like today make me lose interest in this league. Not the result of the Pens losing, but the events that happened during the game that happen all too often in a game that really shouldn't be happening.

The Wilson hit is the kind of garbage that needs to be out of the league and punished severely, but won't be. The two goal challenges where the NHL seems to just make up rules as it goes along. And the refs letting every mugging go, but then suddenly deciding there's a rule book because heaven forbid someone slightly hook another player.

So much incompetence among the officials, both on and off the ice, that it really saps my interest in this league sometimes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Kessel needs to step it up the most IMO. he actually sucked hard today.
Kessel actually sucks most days. He's injured, and I'd guess badly. The reason he plays is because he's got the talent to change the game, injured or not, with one shot or pass.

I don't think it's a matter of stepping up. We just have to hope that game changing dynamic shows up, because the other 59 minutes of the game are gonna be rough.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Wilson Matt Cooke'd him. Ovechkin actually pulled up on his check when he saw what Wilson was doing. If he'd have followed through, Dumoulin's probably out with a broken neck.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Can't wait for a day when the league has the balls to call a game which encourages talent. It's a large ship that's hard to steer---wonder how quick they pivot when multi billion dollar lawsuits finally land...

Capitals obviously just did better on the ice today. I don't get why the Pens still come out so flat. You don't need to conserve for the playoffs anymore...you're in them!

And please..delete afternoon games. They're fine a few holiday weekends a year. But in what logistical way duo they make sense in playoffs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad