Post-Game Talk: Capitals 4, Penguins 1 - Pens Earn Split in DC without Geno, Half of Pens Board Panics Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, that one I am aware of, but it seems to be something that just isn't gaining enough traction like it should be. Even with the insane amount of evidence already there, not quite sure why it's not in courts yet.

There was just a motion to make it a class action. Currently it only encompasses ten players. That would make it very serious.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
One thing I learned while breeding spiders in Argentina: you gotta take adversity in stride. We roflstomped Philly, they didn’t fold. Vegas roflstomped San Jose, San Jose responded. Y’all are having much stronger emotional responses to this outcome than the team is/will. Not every series is gonna be a 4-0. Most of them won’t be. You can’t die with every loss.

Can someone sticky this message somewhere?

It's exactly like that.

Also, we were not playing up to our standards, but still managed to fight for the win.

Caps lost the first one, think about their mindset coming into the game2? They absolutely HAVE to win in order to stay alive. Pens, well, it would be very nice to get two wins, but that really doesnt happen that often. So there's a difference, even though no one would admit it. They just wanted it more this time. Game3, Pens are irritated, probably pissed off in many ways, Malkin is in, home crowd.. its a totally different game. Aside of first 13mins of the games, I thought Pens were the better team. Therefore I'm quite confident, aside of Dumo..which seemed really, really bad. Olli and Letang will get absolutely heavy minutes from now on.

Reactions: ncm7772

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jesus Samuel Christ you guys are being gigantic babies.

Typically I agree with you, but officiating in the NHL and their lack of care to protect the players is a reason why our favorite sport can't reach more and more viewers. Hell, as a diehard I can barely stand watching it at times. And it's not just what happened last night. It's the constant blown calls over and over and over again.

Just this year you have insanity like the blown goalie interferences for ALL teams, including Toronto (Matthews), Oilers (McDavid), etc. It's so difficult to watch at times because this stuff goes to the situation room and it's so badly blown. Last night it went against the Pens. Okay, so be it. It's happening to every single team and instead of learning from mistakes, they just keep making the same ones.

I don't have to waste my time getting into player safety. We all know that. But let's talk about non-homer calls. Game 6 SCF, a human error on the officiating cost Nashville a legit chance to force a Game 7. Not saying that goal would have stood but it's obviously a huge mistake on the ref's part. And i can accept human error. It's going to happen. But it isn't just one time. It happens all the freaking time and changes the outcome of how games are played.

It's infuriating and the consistency is brutal. There are so many random hockey games I just turn off after how they are being played. And sure, last night affected the Pens. So it's a little more annoying, but it's happening to every team. The problem is they can't freaking stop making idiotic calls. You take Game 1 in 2016 I believe where Oshie scored in OT and the goal last night for Hornqvist. How are those 2 different calls? How? :laugh:

So I don't think people are being babies. Sure it's more annoying it is happening to our team, but i'm equally as frustrated when it's constantly happening to other teams as well. It makes hockey insufferable to watch and I understand why people don't want to invest their time/money into it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jesus Samuel Christ you guys are being gigantic babies.

Eh, maybe some. Speaking for myself, I'm not harping on the loss. Frankly everything this year is gravy and always has been. A 3peat is an insane ask. I don't expect it and never did. As far as I'm concerned... hit reset and on to the next one. Hopefully they come out flying.

But this league and the officials who "oversee" these games are a disgrace and I'm tired of seeing this crap every single playoffs. And not just here... all over.

Reactions: thegr8one66

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I am guessing that Hunwick gets back in the lineup at this point...I really hope Dumo is okay.
Guentzel got hammered yesterday. Not going to lie, I cringe a bit when he takes a hit.

I wonder if any of the Black Aces gets used at this point? Probably not, but Geno (hopefully) coming back will be a huge boost.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
How many games so far this postseason have they came out flat early and gotten dominated in?

Forget about the “2 time defending champs” stuff, I’m talking about the here and now. What’s going on? Why does this team come out sleepwalking time after time? It’s cost them several games so far that they basically lost in the first 20-30 minutes.

It needs addressed and fixed and Sully and Sid are the ones who need to do it.

In this case Sid must kick himself in the butt, because HE is the one sleepwalking in the first half of each game.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
I see guys constantly make moves to avoid headshotting players in Dumo's position. Penguin players always do this. You can avoid laying the shoulder there. Its called showing respect for your opponent. Its not something Washington players understand apparently. If there is an opportunity to crush a player in the head or knee someone, they don't decline.

I know the league won't suspend Wilson. They should, but they won't. They'll talk themselves out of doing it. It wouldn't matter if they did. The Penguins are galvanized by this sort of thing. You'd think the Caps would learn not to prod them this way.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know the league won't suspend Wilson. They should, but they won't. They'll talk themselves out of doing it. It wouldn't matter if they did. The Penguins are galvanized by this sort of thing. You'd think the Caps would learn not to prod them this way.

Typically yeah. That's part of why I actually have a lot of confidence going into this next one. I just have doubts because there's only so much any team can take. The Penguins are tired, beat up and haven't found much of that consistency that you like to see out of a true championship caliber team much of this season. But I've learned by now not to count them out of anything.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Sully is usually pretty on-the-line in postgame comments about officiating or calls made during the game. Always something like "We don't agree with how they saw the situation but we have to be able to take calls like that and rebound blah blah" with an increasingly amusing color to his face. So, to come out after and be as concrete as he was around the no-goal...I think it's pretty safe to assume the temperature in the room after that game.

As for the series? At this point, yeah, I ain't bovvered. Pens need to figure out home ice but the atmosphere in the paint can will probably be damn near nuclear.

tumblr_m80w5rcu3f1qfj2nyo2_250.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So far, nuffin', about whether Wilson will face retribution from the disciplinary board of idiocy.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Is Wilson a repeat offender? Just wondering if he in a position that IF a suspension is handed out he gets more than 1 game because of his past. Really don't know....

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is Wilson a repeat offender? Just wondering if he in a position that IF a suspension is handed out he gets more than 1 game because of his past. Really don't know....

He was (finally) suspended twice this past pre-season. The second one resulted in missing the first four regular season games. So he took two in the span of two weeks. But you know... he's just star crossed and the game moves SO fast, or something.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
reporter: " Do you have an opinion on the hit Wilson delivered?"
Sully: "yes...yes"
reporter: "Will you share it?"
Sully: "No"

Sully seems really pissed off and I hope he has them coming out firing.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
He was (finally) suspended twice this past pre-season. The second one resulted in missing the first four regular season games. So he took two in the span of two weeks. But you know... he's just star crossed and the game moves SO fast, or something.
Okay, cause I think if it is something that would put him out more than a game or two I doubt it happens then. I wish it would, but doubt it will.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Okay, cause I think if it is something that would put him out more than a game or two I doubt it happens then. I wish it would, but doubt it will.

I hope so.

I get the idea that Tom Wilson sucks so bad as a hockey player that it's actually to our advantage to have him out there in some ways. But he's also a rabid animal. So I'd prefer the suspension, especially with a hobbled superstar potentially in the mix.

pensforlife

Jun 10, 2016
not worried one bit. we look like ass at times the past 2 years and won titles. Just like patriots beat the steelers, the penguins will beat the caps.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I hope so.

I get the idea that Tom Wilson sucks so bad as a hockey player that it's actually to our advantage to have him out there in some ways. But he's also a rabid animal. So I'd prefer the suspension, especially with a hobbled superstar potentially in the mix.

Yeah, I think he actually provides value to that top line, even if it's as an attention diverter to clear Ovie some space. It's kind of like an old street-based pickpocket team where one kid takes your wallet while you're too distracted watching the other one vomit all over himself on the corner.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
This was the worst officiated game I have seen in recent memory. I know the bad officiating in the NHL is just a constant that effects all teams. Kneeing not called? check. Our goalie gets interfereed with, not called. We score, not so fast penguins. Oh while they are at that let's just chicken wing dumo in the head from behind.

I mean that kneeing should have been 2 minutes. That hit by wilson is easily a 5 minute major. Not to mention disallowed goals and all. Just wow... Sure we stunk the first 12 minutes, but the Refs directly decided this game.

Reactions: wheelz87

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Remember when Matt Cooke was basically run out of the league because "wE MuSt StOp aLl ThEsE bLiNdSiDe HiTz tO tHe HeAd GuYz!!!"

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

(This is not an endorsement of Matt Cooke -- that was a rather embarrassing era, speaking for myself. Matt Cooke was a class-A dirtbag.)

Reactions: td_ice

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is why I hate the Caps way more than the Flyers. The Flyers used to make no bones about being a dirty team, and they'd at least have guys that would back up their bull****. The Caps try to come off as a clean team, but they're the dirtiest ****ers in the league. They're a bunch of faux tough guy cheapshotting *****es

second dirtiest as long as torts coaches the BJ's... but yeah, they dont have faith in their skills so they resort to intentional injuring of guys... two years in a row its been obvious... karma will continue to get them, im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad