Post-Game Talk: Capitals 4, Penguins 1 - Pens Earn Split in DC without Geno, Half of Pens Board Panics Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I'm bias, and I think too that was a goal by Hornqvist. And I think that it was goalie interference on the second goal. And that Wilson should never play hockey again. And yes, there was a giant tripping of Ruhwedel (on Kuznetsov I think). But we can't blame the ref it the Pens played one of the worst game in recent play-off history. Move on and be ready for game-3 (with more Geno!).

Reactions: helsinkipenguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Can't wait for a day when the league has the balls to call a game which encourages talent. It's a large ship that's hard to steer---wonder how quick they pivot when multi billion dollar lawsuits finally land...

Capitals obviously just did better on the ice today. I don't get why the Pens still come out so flat. You don't need to conserve for the playoffs anymore...you're in them!

And please..delete afternoon games. They're fine a few holiday weekends a year. But in what logistical way duo they make sense in playoffs??
I wish the law suits would actually start moving forward. The sport needs that law suit to go down RIGHT NOW. Not in a few years.

Now.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wish the law suits would actually start moving forward. The sport needs that law suit to go down RIGHT NOW. Not in a few years.

Now.

What kind of law suits? Like Wilson going for Dumos' head - that would be simple assault in a civil case?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What kind of law suits? Like Wilson going for Dumos' head - that would be simple assault in a civil case?
Concussion one.

But honestly, if the league keeps playing this moronic "CTE isn't real" bs, then what's the point, the cops would never take that seriously. I can't remember if they ever did with that Marty McSorely on Brashear thing either. I can't remember that whole ordeal all that clearly, but I don't know if that is a good or bad thing, maybe a great thing to finally get the league to wake the hell up?

But the worst is the officiating. They play god with the game and how they hand out punishment, which is supposed to be consistently.

Could you imagine if you were graded like the way the NHL officiates games?
"Yeah that answer is right, but this time it isn't, because I just don't want it to be."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Holy f***ing hell, I wish we had Reaves still. I don't care what anyone says, I wish we had him.

I don't even give a flying f*** if he just went after Ovy and destroyed him with one of the "Capitals clean hits" while he turtled like a little bitch. I'd love to see the hypocrisy on the main board after something like that.

I have to be at work at 6:30am and I am sitting here watching this game and I am so angry, how the f*** does the league see that and think "yeah that's the way we want our product to look."

I bet it's "wow that was nasty, the refs blew it in so many ways, but those ratings!"

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Holy ****ing hell, I wish we had Reaves still. I don't care what anyone says, I wish we had him.

I don't even give a flying **** if he just went after Ovy and destroyed him with one of the "Capitals clean hits" while he turtled like a little *****. I'd love to see the hypocrisy on the main board after something like that.

I have to be at work at 6:30am and I am sitting here watching this game and I am so angry, how the **** does the league see that and think "yeah that's the way we want our product to look."

I bet it's "wow that was nasty, the refs blew it in so many ways, but those ratings!"

I too got very angry watching the game. I never get mad like that. I was mad at the ref's though not the Penguins.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Reaves didn't do his job when he was here, in the preventative sense as well as the counterattack sense, why would he do it now? He's a perma-scratch for Vegas in the playoffs, I'd imagine he'd be the same here. Because, well, he's a bad hockey player and he does nothing. /shrug

As for getting mad, it is what it is, man. This shit happens on a near nightly basis all around the league. This isn't the first cheapshot that's gonna go largely unpunished, or at least under-punished. It won't be the last. This league is an absolute joke, and deserves to lose every penny of the billion-plus they're going to in the concussion lawsuit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reaves didn't do his job when he was here, in the preventative sense as well as the counterattack sense, why would he do it now? He's a perma-scratch for Vegas in the playoffs, I'd imagine he'd be the same here. Because, well, he's a bad hockey player and he does nothing. /shrug
Don't turn it into "Reaves sucks" type of thing. We know he sucks. If anything, I wish we had Pedan up with Oleksiak, I want someone to just throw punishing clean hits and see if their idiots try something dumb and then have one of those two being allowed to just tee off on them in a scrap.

Not right now. Save that for a Reaves thread. I just want to be mad. Let me be mad god damn it. Not at the team, I am not even remotely mad at the Pens. I am incensed with the Officiating, the League hypocrisy about protecting its players, and the horrendous "situational room" which is such a comical name for a room filled with f***ing jackasses.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I too got very angry watching the game. I never get mad like that. I was mad at the ref's though not the Penguins.

Yeah, not mad at the team.

If anything, I feel bad for them. To have that crap happen and the people that are supposed to punish people for doing that and protect you, doing absolutely nothing.

That's like being shanked in front of a cop in plain view and the cop just looking at you while you bleed out like "ah well..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Don't turn it into "Reaves sucks" type of thing. We know he sucks. If anything, I wish we had Pedan up with Oleksiak, I want someone to just throw punishing clean hits and see if their idiots try something dumb and then have one of those two being allowed to just tee off on them in a scrap.

Not right now. Save that for a Reaves thread. I just want to be mad. Let me be mad god damn it. Not at the team, I am not even remotely mad at the Pens. I am incensed with the Officiating, the League hypocrisy about protecting its players, and the horrendous "situational room" which is such a comical name for a room filled with ****ing jackasses.
I mean, turning it into "Reaves would've stopped Wilson or gotten Ovi back!" thing is just as tired as me turning it into a "Reaves sucks" thing. The difference is only one of them is true. :laugh:

You have every right to be mad, though. This is the worst league when it comes to player safety and punishment for dangerous, dirty plays. A f***ing joke. And nothing is going to change, because it's run exactly like those in charge want it to be. If the board of governors wanted things to be cleaned up, or they gave a f*** about the people they employ, guys like Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand would be suspended for 20+ games, and fined by the millions. But, again, it is what it is. It's not even worth the energy to get upset about it anymore. Marchand tried to end Johansson's career earlier in the year with a move worse than anything even Matt Cooke pulled. He missed 5 games, and only because he's got a heavy history. Even Giroux, who very blatantly ran Hagelin with a late hit out of frustration from being crosschecked by Letang, should've been punished heavily.

The league is the way it is because the detached douchebags at the top don't give a shit about the health and safety of their players. Which is weird, because you'd imagine they have a ton to gain financially if they ensured their guys weren't concussed or taken out by cheap shots on a near nightly basis.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, turning it into "Reaves would've stopped Wilson or gotten Ovi back!" thing is just as tired as me turning it into a "Reaves sucks" thing. The difference is only one of them is true. :laugh:

You have every right to be mad, though. This is the worst league when it comes to player safety and punishment for dangerous, dirty plays. A ****ing joke. And nothing is going to change, because it's run exactly like those in charge want it to be. If the board of governors wanted things to be cleaned up, or they gave a **** about the people they employ, guys like Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand would be suspended for 20+ games, and fined by the millions. But, again, it is what it is. It's not even worth the energy to get upset about it anymore. Marchand tried to end Johansson's career earlier in the year with a move worse than anything even Matt Cooke pulled. He missed 5 games, and only because he's got a heavy history. Even Giroux, who very blatantly ran Hagelin with a late hit out of frustration from being crosschecked by Letang, should've been punished heavily.

The league is the way it is because the detached *****ebags at the top don't give a **** about the health and safety of their players. Which is weird, because you'd imagine they have a ton to gain financially if they ensured their guys weren't concussed or taken out by cheap shots on a near nightly basis.
You're right.

My mistake tonight was also leaving the Pens board.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, there ain't nothin' on the main boards man. That place is a nightmarish hellscape full of disgusting diarrhea people. It's the InfoWars of this site. Haven't been there in years, and I'm not missing anything. :laugh:

Yeah I've changed my bookmark to hfboards to just the Pens page now.

What a shit infested group of people outside of this board.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Concussion one.

But honestly, if the league keeps playing this moronic "CTE isn't real" bs, then what's the point, the cops would never take that seriously. I can't remember if they ever did with that Marty McSorely on Brashear thing either. I can't remember that whole ordeal all that clearly, but I don't know if that is a good or bad thing, maybe a great thing to finally get the league to wake the hell up?

But the worst is the officiating. They play god with the game and how they hand out punishment, which is supposed to be consistently.

Could you imagine if you were graded like the way the NHL officiates games?
"Yeah that answer is right, but this time it isn't, because I just don't want it to be."

There is a current lawsuit ongoing now.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There is a current lawsuit ongoing now.
Yeah, that one I am aware of, but it seems to be something that just isn't gaining enough traction like it should be. Even with the insane amount of evidence already there, not quite sure why it's not in courts yet.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, not mad at the team.

If anything, I feel bad for them. To have that crap happen and the people that are supposed to punish people for doing that and protect you, doing absolutely nothing.

That's like being shanked in front of a cop in plain view and the cop just looking at you while you bleed out like "ah well..."
Yeah. Especially when they have the focus to play the game how they are built with speed and skill and not switch it over to thuggery just to defend themselves because the refs fail to do their job.

This game was so out of hand. Man oh man.

Good night, I am beyond exhausted.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
These lazy idiots just don't want to make a full 60 minute effort even in the 2nd round of playoffs. It is mind-boggling. Apparently, it's their idea of how you three-peat. Boneheaded idiots.

Two-time-Conn-Smythe-Winner Sidney Crosby: how about you turn out a little bit more than 0 points, -1 and a penalty which lead to 0:2 to earn your third Conn Smythe trophy?

Malkin: a lazy soft princess who is apparently planning to become healthy enough by the end of SCF to triumphantly lift the Cup over his head.

How they manage so often to look so disgusting is beyond me. They are such a great team, but half the time it's almost like they don't want to be one.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
One thing I learned while breeding spiders in Argentina: you gotta take adversity in stride. We roflstomped Philly, they didn’t fold. Vegas roflstomped San Jose, San Jose responded. Y’all are having much stronger emotional responses to this outcome than the team is/will. Not every series is gonna be a 4-0. Most of them won’t be. You can’t die with every loss.

You can't take it calmly when the team loses totally winnable games. This was winnable if Pens had played for real for 60 mins instead of 30, and if they had been a little less idiotic when shooting the puck. This is unacceptable and unforgivable.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Games like that happen. They suck, but they do happen. Everything went against us and we even lost a key player.

That being said, we are going back home with Geno likely to draw in. That should give us a very welcomed boost. Hopefully Hags can also draw back in and Dumo is okay.

No. He will again skate fine in practice, smile to cameras, say he's feeling fine and then just before the game declare himself not healthy enough to play.

Apparently he is injured worse than Couturier in games 5 and 6.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
A split in DC is what I hoped for.

That hit on Dumo, was it Ovy basically throwing a flying elbow into him? That's such a dirty predatory hit. The disallowed goal was an epic joke too, but that Dumo hit really chaps my ass.

Consider my ass chapped as well. I'm way more pissed off about what happened to Dumo than the disallowed goal. To me that bad goal call was just one of those **** happens things where it mostly just hurts because the team missed other opportunities, like on the power play.

I hope that hit chaps the Pens asses too, where they put in the extra gear to take the series.

Reactions: PSUPEN

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Holy ****ing hell, I wish we had Reaves still. I don't care what anyone says, I wish we had him.

I don't even give a flying **** if he just went after Ovy and destroyed him with one of the "Capitals clean hits" while he turtled like a little *****. I'd love to see the hypocrisy on the main board after something like that.
I was happy when we traded for Reaves just to see him in a series like this against Wilson. Oleksiak could do some damege, but I don't like the idea of a D sitting in the box for 5 minutes, especially when Dumoulin was already out.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I bet we could go back to every series thread in the last 5 years and they'd look real similar, especially guys complaining about cheap shots. It never changes. The cheap shots aren't going to stop. They just aren't.

1. The league/refs have no interest in stopping them. None.
2. The Pens PP doesn't make them pay, even if penalties were called
3. Agree or disagree, the Pens don't have anyone that can/will fight fire with fire

JR was so sick of it last year he traded a #1 pick for Reaves. I was disappointed that Reaves didn't do more while he was here, but coincidence or not, cheap shots seemed way down when he was in the lineup.

Oleksiak can kind of do some of those things, but you don't want a defensman in the box or out of the game for extended periods of time. This is why I hate guys like Rowney and Kuhnackl. I was hoping ZAR would have more snarl in his game.

So until the league decides to get serious about player safety (which they won't), until the refs decide to call penalties (which they won't), until our PP can actually score, or until we get a guy to go after their star players, we'll have the same exact threads year after year. It's a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->