Post-Game Talk: Capitals 3, Penguins 1 - Rage Rage Against The Dying Of the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The roster is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Even the 4th line being an issue can be sorted. Jank is a coach fav already and needs to sit to spark something out of him. But nah...

It's a coaching issue and I'm tired of saying it.

Imagine living in a world where the coach said 'you know what, this team isn't built to play the way I'd prefer, so maybe I should adapt to the hand I've been dealt and trap and counter.'

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Also the fire Sully obsessives make me not want to visit the board.

Edit: Just remembered the Ignore option exists.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+ Jarry .929 not bad tonight...
liked Marino Matheson pairing, I really like Matheson, he is sometimes soft on defense, but he s the only one (with Marino that can skate with the puck...Letang doesn't do it anymore...
Ceci and Petts were bad tonight
Lav put Hags and Dowd against our first line to pressure them and they were pretty much neutralized...
Geno looked good but he needs help...Zucker sucks and need to be put somewhere to get him going...I lked the moving Kappy away from geno...I have been calling for that for a while, I thought Kappy is better forechecker but he sucks ...so he will fit with ZAR and Blueger and actually may be better...

They have to do something about that fourth line, they are the worst 4th line in NHL by a mile...they have to do something

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Don't think we're as bad as we seemed tonight. Don't think we're nearly as good as that 5-0-0 record at home would indicate either.

They looked like dogshit tonight. Sully's gotta go, but he'll last until they're either eliminated in the 1st round or the regular season ends.

Reactions: vodeni and KIRK

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
No question sully has lost any player fear. I think the new GM and Burke have to address his inability to bring that element to the room. To many BS excuses and nothing is ever done. My hope is the new team hired grasp this team is soft, unwilling to pay the price and a shake up will have to happen before 2002 season rolls around. In the meantime. trade the floaters and get some grit and guys who come to play every shift.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm still gobsmacked by the level of intensity that the Caps played with. Again, it was 3-1, but it felt like 10-1.

Well, in the Penguins defense, a prerequisite for playing with intensity is a team having a pulse.

Reactions: radapex and BHD

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I make an impulse Letang trade tomorrow cause I'm an emotional impulsive fan.

But also I really hope they make a panic trade tomorrow. I can't go outside either way.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If I’m Burke and Hextall, I’m thinking “Rutherford traded first round picks for Zucker AND Kapanen?????”
Basically. I love both of those guys and I'll die on the hill that they're both really solid pickups and great fits for what we should be trying to do, but man did we pay premium for those guys. Particularly Kap, who I've wanted back for a long time.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine living in a world where the coach said 'you know what, this team isn't built to play the way I'd prefer, so maybe I should adapt to the hand I've been dealt and trap and counter.'

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Imagine putting Zar-Blueger-Tanev together again because it worked well last year.

Then not putting GMR together because of pure ignorance and idiocy.

The coach would rather put a lineup together that doesn't work and prove some point that just doesn't fly instead of putting the right players together to get the best usage.

But hey I hear we have a crazy good new brain trust, Shirley they could see the real problems right?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Maybe Zucker and Malkin aren't a good mix, but Malkin isn't playing well, period. He's not skating. He's not engaging along the boards. He's not using his body.

I'm a big Geno fan. He gets unfair criticism. He should retire a Penguin. But he's a passenger right now, almost like there's an underlying physical issue with him.

I think Sullivan hit a breaking point with some things tonight. Sceviour played 4:25, Lafferty 5:48, and Jankowski 5:16 at even strength.

Yeah, people didn't like Kapanen being moved off Malkin's line rather than Zucker, but I think we'll see more line changes before Thursday. The fourth line benching and the overall play is usually an indicator that Sullivan is about to hit shuffle.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don't think we're as bad as we seemed tonight. Don't think we're nearly as good as that 5-0-0 record at home would indicate either.

They looked like dogshit tonight. Sully's gotta go, but he'll last until they're either eliminated in the 1st round or the regular season ends.

You're probably right, but we can always hope otherwise. :D

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The swap of Kapanen and Tanev was mind blowing. F
at least it shows that sully has finally realized that the 2nd line is broken....and he after wasting most of the season decided to do something about it. so as dumb as it was..... he moving in the right direction.:scared:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I was hopeful early. The start was decent. I thought the Pens came out strong the first 10 minutes or so but we hit a post and Sid missed the open net. The Caps weathered that brief early storm and took control the rest of the way.

Sheary constantly scoring against us is one of the most annoying current things in sports from a Pittsburgh perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad