Post-Game Talk: Capitals 3, Penguins 1 - Rage Rage Against The Dying Of the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Game was decided in the second period. There was no way the Pens were gonna go 4-0 against the Caps. Law of averages combined with a lackluster effort. Letang costs the team a goal every single game.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
People hating on this team but we haven't even let them be themselves yet. There are so many line combinations that haven't been tried that have potential based on historical precedent. The team has untapped potential. This coach is in the way and has been for two years.

Thats what makes all of this 10000 times more frustrating

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
His end should have been accelerated the min JR left. Burke and Hextall have not connection to him. At this point they need a new voice and it doesn't have to be a hall of Famer. If Crosby and Malkin listen to Bylsma for a time, they can listen to anyone.

Forget Bylsma. If they listened to Therrien for a time, they can listen to anyone.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Devils are about to be only three points behind the Pens with four games in hand lol...

Reactions: ericstrat1

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Can we just take our 2020 1st, 2021 1st and Calen Addison back, and ask for a do-over on those trades?

Maybe get 1 star instead of 2 "ehhhhhhh"s

Reactions: Darren McCord

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In 10 more games, ZAR might get us a fortune!!!

It's pretty much what I've feared. Our Defense is going to play like this the entire year, this isn't just the players. The coaching is really bad.

There have been zero consequences for literally forgetting to play your position.
The roster is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Even the 4th line being an issue can be sorted. Jank is a coach fav already and needs to sit to spark something out of him. But nah...

It's a coaching issue and I'm tired of saying it. Players need to be flipped on l1 and l2. Jank needs to sit a game or three. The usage has been a major issue the last 3 seasons.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Get Zucker away from Malkin. They simply can't play together. Zucker did well with Crosby last season. Zucker is a better player than he has been this season. The swap of Kapanen and Tanev was mind blowing. For as much hate as it might get you leave ZAR-Blueger-Tanev together, that's easily the most consistent line.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
While shuffling the lines COULD solve some problems and lead to better play, I think the bigger issue is a team full of players who just don’t seem to be all in, including some of the stars.

SOMETHING has to be done to get the juices flowing and get this team to play inspired hockey again...

Reactions: radapex and ncm7772

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Get Zucker away from Malkin. They simply can't play together. Zucker did well with Crosby last season. Zucker is a better player than he has been this season. The swap of Kapanen and Tanev was mind blowing. For as much hate as it might get you leave ZAR-Blueger-Tanev together, that's easily the most consistent line.

No.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@DocEmrickSkitters Working so I wasn’t watching the game but I got your request. Here is the expected advanced stats. I assume the game was pretty bad

upload_2021-2-16_18-48-15.png

upload_2021-2-16_18-48-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad