Post-Game Talk: Capitals 3, Penguins 1 - Rage Rage Against The Dying Of the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I hope Hextall puts some guys in the hot seat.

He owes no allegiance to any of JR's crappy acquisitions
Jank
Sceviour
Erod

Or to any coaching staff.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
If you don't have a second line you have nothing with the Penguins. Sullivan has hopefully realized that. You can't let your second generational center flounder on a shit line and rely on Teddy Blueger to lead the way in this league. Enough with the 3rd line fetish. Leave Tanev with Malkin and find another winger. Zucker should be tried on L1 with Crosby and Guentzel or trade him. If not Zucker put Kapanen there or put Kapanen with Malkin and Tanev. Rust should be with Malkin and Tanev. If he can't stomach that then put ZAR or Kapanen there. Then you need to fix the fourth line.

We need a goalie. We need a coach. This coach has no message and if he does it's either not getting through or the team can't execute. The pieces don't fit. What pieces he does have are in the wrong place because he can't get over his favorites and his biases. Get a new coach.

If we can do those three things we can contend this year. The team has fight and it has potential, we just need a couple pieces and someone who can put the puzzle together.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
No need to go crazy with the GIFs/memes.

They had a really bad game. Vent in the comments.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
too many players on this team bringing nothing...
No offensive creativity, skill, ripping shots, board work, clearing pucks etc...I really can’t give anyone a +...just a putrid all around game

This is true. But until Sullivan starts holding guys accountable by sitting them or benching them nothing changes.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The problems are so pronounced and widespread that there's no way to properly identify what needs fixed until you fix the coach.

unfortunately it ain’t gonna happen...I think you’re just trying to get my hopes up lol

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's like he goes skating and is nowhere near the puck for entire games, he needs moved off the 2nd line.

He has been the one constant with Malkin all season.

It's clear that either Sullivan is an absolute ******* moron as a bench boss or he's trying to drive Geno so bat shit crazy that he asks for a trade.

With Sullivan, either is possible . . .

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
In a sea of bad, Marino is giving me a little bit of hope. Also I really do see the booming OFD potential in Mathy.

This game was a fake 0rg*sm from the top 6.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Oh a goalie getting played more looking normal again? f*** me am I right mate?

Back to watching this shit show from a lurking pov.

In 10 more games, ZAR might get us a fortune!!!

It's pretty much what I've feared. Our Defense is going to play like this the entire year, this isn't just the players. The coaching is really bad.

There have been zero consequences for literally forgetting to play your position.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The problems are so pronounced and widespread that there's no way to properly identify what needs fixed until you fix the coach.

@Emp however you spell the name says there are only two problems to fix on this team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad