Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Jim Vandermeer to a 1-Year, 2-Way, $600K Deal

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I was entertaining a slight fantasy that AV might actually let Connauton or Corrado do a little more than hold towels during practice or haunt the press box during what we all know will be a very brief appearance here before the season (such as it is) starts. Foolish of me, I know.

Neither guy has much hope of making the team, so why would he? The season starts in 5 days.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Neither guy has much hope of making the team, so why would he? The season starts in 5 days.

*shrug* Well, be nice to see what they've got...just a little peek, nothing outrageous. You never know, maybe one or the other would grab the ball and run with it. Somewhere along the line, someone said: "Alex Burrows...ball hockey player? Ah, what the hell. Let's give him a shot."

Beside Andrew Peters who was the last 'heavy' Vancouver had?

Bertuzzi. Possibly Brashear.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Most websites have Vand weighing 208lbs. I don't really consider his a "heavyweight" but more of a tough light heavy. Pretty good signing I recon

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
*shrug* Well, be nice to see what they've got...just a little peek, nothing outrageous. You never know, maybe one or the other would grab the ball and run with it. Somewhere along the line, someone said: "Alex Burrows...ball hockey player? Ah, what the hell. Let's give him a shot."

Connauton is a trainwreck at the AHL level - he's basically a one-trick pony who can't even use that trick (his point shot) anymore now that teams have him figured out. Can't play defense, can't generate offense at ES. Won't be an NHL player.

Corrado I agree I'd like to give a long look to.

Burrows got a shot by being one of the best two-way players in the ECHL and then the AHL. A guy like Connauton has done nothing comparable.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I really like him, watch him answer the bell here against one of the toughest men i have ever stood beside in person:

And I know he's not a great hockey player but he's the kind of guy you like as a depth player, keeps it really simple and will obviously fight anybody.

rban*

It seems like Gillis/Vigneault would prefer to rely on cheap veterans in a condensed season than trying to bring young players along. I can't say I disagree with that plan.

Yeah older guys wont tire so easily in a short season..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad