Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Jim Vandermeer to a 1-Year, 2-Way, $600K Deal

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I like this in conjunction with the Barker signing. Vandermeer isn't good but at least he's not a complete disaster.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well people in the Barker thread lamenting about Vandermeer get their wish. Isn't this guy like criminally slow? Adds toughness at least. He has to be better than Alberts.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
bad signing, he doesn't have the amazing upside of refinding his game and being a top 4 PMD like barker

are we at 50 contracts now?

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
It seems like Gillis/Vigneault would prefer to rely on cheap veterans in a condensed season than trying to bring young players along. I can't say I disagree with that plan.

KidCanuck*

Shouldn't Corrado and Jensen count as sliders too? So we're at 48?

Edit - That's assuming Corrado doesn't make the team, of course...

Yes and Corrado won't make it, it's just to reward the kid for a good year thus far and give him a glance at where he needs to be next year to push to make it. McEneny is also a slider. So we have 4 sliders

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Most likely for the farm team. Could be an emergency call up due to injury. I don't mind this.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Well people in the Barker thread lamenting about Vandermeer get their wish. Isn't this guy like criminally slow? Adds toughness at least. He has to be better than Alberts.

Barker is also slow. So is Alberts. Basically a bunch of pylons once we get past our Top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad