Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Carson Soucy to 3-Year, $9.75M Deal ($3.25M AAV)

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
It's the Canucks...Likely will need a leg amputated...but they'll botch the surgery and cut off an arm by accident.

IMG_0095.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wasn't putting any weight on his leg and had to be helped to the dressing-room. Hard to see how he'll be ready for he opener in five days.

Oh well.....there goes the debate about the immediate future of Cole McWard.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Certainly hope it’s not serious and he is ready for the season opener . If not , then recall Hirose and roll with him

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Oh no....the dreaded 'week to week' declaration from the Canucks medical and training staff.

If history is any guide, he'll be lucky to play by Xmas. So it appears that both McWard and Hirose will be in the opening night lineup.....or did McWard get sent down?

Regardless, being forced to use two 'rookies' on the blueline isn't a recipe for long-term success.

Reactions: canucksfan

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Unfortunate news for sure , but I’m also extremely happy to give Hirose a look

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So the Canuck d-men to start the season are Hughes, Hronek, Cole, Myers, McWard and Hirose, with Soucy and Brisebois starting the season on the injured list.

Although I note from Cap Friendly that Wolanin is still listed on the big league roster, even though he's been placed on waivers. So maybe this is just some sort of salary cap juggling, where Hirose ends up on the roster for opener before being send down again. Who knows?

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
So the Canuck d-men to start the season are Hughes, Hronek, Cole, Myers, McWard and Hirose, with Soucy and Brisebois starting the season on the injured list.

Although I note from Cap Friendly that Wolanin is still listed on the big league roster, even though he's been placed on waivers. So maybe this is just some sort of salary cap juggling, where Hirose ends up on the roster for opener before being send down again. Who knows?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he can't be assigned to Abbotsford until after he clears waivers, right? Studnicka is still on the roster as of now as well.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012

Found the vid.

Looks nasty. Hope he escaped with all ligaments intact.

The plant twist mechanism of injury but with additional load of a hockey play on the lateral knee. Could be the MCL, ACL, and/or medial meniscus. Grade II sprains can take a while for full recovery but hopefully it's nothing more than a partial tear.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Not that it matters much, but I wasn’t too impressed with Soucy in the preseason.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unfortunate news for sure , but I’m also extremely happy to give Hirose a look
Count me as a little baffled. If Hirose is the 'first callup' from Abbotsford in event of injury on the blueline, then why wasn't he given a longer look during the exhibition schedule?

Frankl I'd have preferred to see what he could do, rather than Juulsen, Brisebois or Wolanin.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Someone should have punched sharngovich out for holding onto his leg

Punch him out next game
Not that I totally agree with the revenge thing ;)

But, that was such a stupid idiotic thing he did dragging him down by his leg like that. Like in what scenario would this not result in an injury? Very careless with another players safety in a stupid meaningless game.

Reactions: Indiana and andora

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Not that I totally agree with the revenge thing ;)

But, that was such a stupid idiotic thing he did dragging him down by his leg like that. Like in what scenario would this not result in an injury? Very careless with another players safety in a stupid meaningless game.
Agreed it’s a garbage move. Playing hockey for many years there are things not to do. It deserves a butt end in the mouth. Don’t go after my head or my knees. Like the leg wrap from Kotka on Petey. That shit needs to be addressed. Dirty scumbag play deserves it x 2. Maybe they learn.

Reactions: andora and Grantham

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any update on a time frame? Week to week like 2 weeks, or week to week like 4-5-6 weeks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad