Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Carson Soucy to 3-Year, $9.75M Deal ($3.25M AAV)

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
3 years is ok, he's 28 turning 29. just that hes been a 3rd pairing guy through out his career.

But hes decent defensively and has size/reach and some physicality. Can't fight though.

so if he's on our 3rd pair, a bit of overpayment 2.5 should be where he's at.

Brayden McNabb for examples makes 2.85

Reactions: Grantham

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Is Soucy good? Has been a #6D in Seattle both seasons & playoffs.

People seem to be very positive about it but... Idk is this really a ton different than Poolman? He was playing more in WPG...

I really like his size, hopefully he helps the PK, really would've preferred 2 years at that number but keeping an open mind. Stylistically its a fit so.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He played 16 minutes a night on Seattle with a deeper D group. The Canucks must think he has more to offer to commit that much to him. Hopefully they are right. Ideally he’d be our number 5 who can move up with injuries.
We desperately need one more top 4 guy but there really is no one in FA so need to make a trade with a team up against the cap.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I like Soucy as the #4 defensive stopper and PK guy. Stabilizing presence for his partner but with no real offensive presence.

It’s a solid deal for what he brings and his assumed role. Typically you’re trying to go three deep on defence and he fits in well as the low man in the top-4.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Not sure how I feel about this deal. I suspect he’s overpaid by about a million and it remains to be seen if he can play in the top four on a playoff team consistently. But only 3 year term in FA makes it a little bit more palatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad