Canucks Reverse Retro Jersey (yes, it's a gradient jersey)

So what do we think of the Canucks’ reverse retro jersey?

• Total voters

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
In-the-flesh comparison, courtesy Reddit

r5xjf89v8v261.jpg
I like the old one better but at least the new one is in the top 10 of the rest of the leagues reverse retro

Reactions: HockeyWooot

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
So are we ever going to wear these?

Has a schedule or date been announced anywhere? I really want to see them in action.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
I just happened to bump before the announcement. I was expecting more than 4 times and all and in a row seems weird. Hopefully there will be more.

Really looking forward to seeing this on ice.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Hockey fans are such jersey snobs (still love you guys though). If it's not one of 4 basic colors, has a logo with 40+ years of history, and doesn't follow a simple pattern then it's "ugly". These jerseys are nice. This is what an actual ugly jersey looks like:

arizona-coyotes-adidas-authentic-third-kachina-jersey-front_818x.png

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Hockey fans are such jersey snobs (still love you guys though). If it's not one of 4 basic colors, has a logo with 40+ years of history, and doesn't follow a simple pattern then it's "ugly". These jerseys are nice. This is what an actual ugly jersey looks like:

arizona-coyotes-adidas-authentic-third-kachina-jersey-front_818x.png

I hate you now

Reactions: LaVal

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Yeah the coyotes have some pretty cool jerseys.

As for the canucks one, it isn't bad and isn't good. Just meh. I wouldn't even realize it was a new original jersey if I hadn't been told. Nothing stands out as new and interesting.

Im a white guy, but I really wish I'd have been able to grab a "year of the rat" canucks jersey...as I'm a year of the rat guy, and those ones are pretty cool for an extra jersey.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I don’t love the jersey itself, but as a reverse retro I think it’s probably top10.

I never liked the bleeding orca all that much, I think a Blue Green White skate jersey or Flying V would have been a bolder choice.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
not as good as I personally thought. there are a bunch of uglier reverse retros out there, this is not ugly, but it's not great either. I would not buy. Give me the skate jersey all day of the week.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
this is true

imo montreal, boston, toronto, and detroit have some of the ugliest jerseys in the league.

related but different sport. pinstripes are ugly as all hell.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
These jerseys were awful but good god that’s terrible reasoning for not wearing them ever again.

Always good when superstition is driving team decisions instead of logic.
People in sports are super superstitious. People still refer to "Canucks Luck" or they think that the Canucks are the only team to get shutout by a backup. My favorite is the idea that "the refs have it out for us" mentality. Or that Bettman is secretly rigging the lottery to benefiting teams he likes.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Well that’s one positive so far this season.
Is there team in professional sports that has debuted more awful jerseys than the Canucks? The 'Flying V' still sets the standard for gaudy, amateurish professional sports jerseys three decades later. As for the latest retro jersey, it's basically 'meh' for me.

Of course it doesn't help that the Canucks have some of their worst hockey of the season in these unies....and that's saying something considering how bad they were to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad