Canucks Reverse Retro Jersey (yes, it's a gradient jersey)

So what do we think of the Canucks’ reverse retro jersey?

• Total voters

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
The thing that interests me about this jersey is that they changed the outline of the Orca logo from navy/dark blue to Kelly green.

This detail always bothered me ever since we changed our colour scheme to the lighter blue/kelly green colour scheme as the whale logo retained the dark blue colour scheme of the silver/dark blue era so it never quite looked like it belonged on the green/blue jersey.

I wonder how this rejiggered logo would look on our standard home/away jerseys, the green may allow it to mesh better?

EmfowcpVgAAA0Cd

817DqDsncSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Have to see how they look on the ice but right now I’m indifferent to them.

Could be worse. They could have just copied an old flames jersey...

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think the blue to green gradient looks better than the original blue to red because both blue and green are closer on the colour wheel so the transition looks more natural.

agreed. Also can go wrong with blue and green as the colours of nature.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
nah I’m talking in comparison to the previous versions of the gradient look also, it seems awkwardly sized to me.
Ymmv
Hard to compare since you are looking at an image of a fully equipment wearing 6’3 240 Lb Bert vs a woman without pads who may be wearing a more fitted one designed for females.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
The thing that interests me about this jersey is that they changed the outline of the Orca logo from navy/dark blue to Kelly green.

This detail always bothered me ever since we changed our colour scheme to the lighter blue/kelly green colour scheme as the whale logo retained the dark blue colour scheme of the silver/dark blue era so it never quite looked like it belonged on the green/blue jersey.

I wonder how this rejiggered logo would look on our standard home/away jerseys, the green may allow it to mesh better?

EmfowcpVgAAA0Cd

817DqDsncSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Every pic of the jerseys I’ve seen except the one you posted show the same blue outline around the logo.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Lame. Just lame. Why not the downward skate? Classic look with tons of nostalgia factor, utterly different from what we have now. Ah well.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Did the designer of this New Jersey get money for this? These are absolutely and undoubtedly the ugliest EVER!!!

agree. it reminded me of the wce era... they should have gotten a johnny canuck logo holding a stick/axe to put it there to match with the colors. i can guarantee u it would look 100x times better than that.

Reactions: Luckylarry

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
The Black Skates are so sick. I really wish they'd do more with that kit - both the black and the whites. I hope we haven't seen the last of them.

i love the black skates i have one myself. i was hoping for those jerseys to become permanent for home games. and then games against toronto/montreal or whatever, they can wear their classics stick in rink types.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Could've been worse. Missed opportunity not to have the Stick and Rink crest. What saves it is the blue piping at the bottom. Otherwise we get into this territory:

naslund-salmon-canucks.jpg

Came here to post that these were the ugliest jerseys since the 1996 salmon-coloured disasters.

Much like those, these look like assy practice jerseys.

Reactions: B-rock

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Retro shirts that are not really retro. Well well. Go Canucks.

Love the Colorado one.

Reactions: B-rock

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Retro shirts that are not really retro. Well well. Go Canucks.

Love the Colorado one.

Colorado (and Carolina) both irk me. The Nordiques and Whalers jerseys are definitely among the best ever, and those retros certainly look good - but I find it kind of gross to see them worn by different cites’ teams. I don’t know if I’m articulating that very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad