Canucks Reverse Retro Jersey (yes, it's a gradient jersey)

So what do we think of the Canucks’ reverse retro jersey?

• Total voters

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
These jerseys were awful but good god that’s terrible reasoning for not wearing them ever again.

Always good when superstition is driving team decisions instead of logic.
Is it just me or does the tweet just state they didn't win a game with them. I'm not sure it says that's the reason they aren't wearing them anymore.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is it just me or does the tweet just state they didn't win a game with them. I'm not sure it says that's the reason they aren't wearing them anymore.

It's kind of implied?

If we'd gone 4-0, would there have been an announcement today that we weren't wearing them anymore?

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
It's kind of implied?

If we'd gone 4-0, would there have been an announcement today that we weren't wearing them anymore?
I didn't see an official announcement from the team so to me it was just a tweet from a news guy who was told by the team that's the last time they're wearing the jersey and they were 0-4 in it. It could well be because of that, but I just didn't read it that way. I just try not to assume things, that's all.

Edit: There's also this from the end of January: Canucks reveal when they'll finally wear their reverse retro jerseys | Offside. It seems like they had just planned to play this home stand with them.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Another marketing gimmick that's come and gone. *shrug*

Didn't like it, didn't hate it. Its best defense is that it was based upon a poor jersey design to begin with.

Then again, who knows how I'll feel about it in twenty years. I always hated the spaghetti skate uni in the 90's. But when I saw them last year (okay, black only), I was like "Whoa... those are awesome!"

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Guess we're going naked the rest of the season because we've lost repeatedly in every jersey we've worn this year.

I will proudly make this the first jersey I own when they put this on clearance sale to try and get rid of them. Best looking Canucks jersey of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad