Confirmed with Link: Canucks reveal Reverse Retro 2.0 Jersey (Post #105)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Found it.

Having collected a lot of jerseys, I don’t feel there are any that look as nice as the 1990s CCM jerseys. I get that they are heavier and weigh more once wet, but they look so good.

The big thing that pissed me off about Adidas was the HUGE drop in quality of “official replica” jerseys. CCM and Reebok official replicas were not too dissimilar from the authentic ones, but the Fanatics brand official replicas were just dogshit. The logos and numbers were nowhere close to the authentic look. Hopefully whichever manufacturer takes over gives that part an overhaul.

It’s not specific but this article says the NHL is the one with the contract with Fanatics and not the jersey manufacturer.

“The NHL has had a partnership with Fanatics for sales, and later manufacturing, since 2005. The company runs the NHL’s e-commerce retail site and operates on-site retail at league events.”

So I suspect that aspect won’t change any time soon.

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
george-gardner-of-the-vancouver-canucks-makes-a-save-during-a-game-picture-id144194438

It would be cool if they brought back this original dark jersey with the white Vs on the arms, I don't think they've ever worn it since 1972? (could be mistaken)

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Personally, the Jets, Stars, Penguins and Kings are ones I really like. Solid throwbacks to actual retro looks.

Also - I respect the Sharks giving a hat tip to the California Golden Seals, even if it's a bland look.

The worst ones - IMO - Detroit and Chicago (did they copy each other's homework?), and St. Louis.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hell yes, Angry Fisherman! Most of these are awful (including the Canucks) with a few exceptions.

Reactions: rypper

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Good: Buffalo, Arizona, Minnesota, San Jose, Washington, LA

Ok: Tampa, Anaheim, Boston, Colorado, Pittsburgh, NYI

Who cares: Winnipeg, Toronto, Seattle, Ottawa

Bad: Florida, Montreal, Detroit, Calgary, Edmonton, Nashville, St. Louis, Dallas, Vancouver, Carolina, Chicago, NYR, Columbus, Vegas, Philadelphia, New Jersey

out of these I think Florida had the biggest miss, I don't mind using their shoulder logo as a main, but the colours don't work

the johnny canuck logo sucks as a main logo btw

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Ok I'm actually going to increase the Philly score to "Ok" because I didn't realize they're wearing cooperalls with them. that's sick

Reactions: MS

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Don't understand the Jets love in here, they are abysmal to me, straight in the trash with Detroit Chicago and Carolina

If the Abby Canucks hadn't come with Johnny as their identity just last year, I think this jersey would have been much more well received. Silly to throwback to that after giving the identity to your AHL squad 1 hour away imo

They are solid jerseys and a neat nod ignoring that though. Other fans seem to really like them, since they don't have that same connection

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
None of them are that great, but if I had to pick, I would take a Caps, Lightning, or islanders.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Not much to like here, imo.

I find Arizona's quite a unique colour scheme. This one or last year's purple version would be a good 3rd.

Penguin's should go with that black on their mains.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Love the Florida one, rest are either decent for nostalgia, or just meh/garbage.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Semi-related:

My guess is the Canucks will only do some Skate jersey games and some RR games.

And probably a new 3rd next year with whomever the new jersey provider is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad