Confirmed with Link: Canucks reveal Reverse Retro 2.0 Jersey (Post #105)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If it’s true, I like that we are FINALLY paying homage to the old WHL Canucks. But it would have been even better to use their old colour scheme, which I believe was more of a royal blue.

But still - these are pretty solid. Interested to see if it’s true, and how they look in action.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don’t care about the Johnny Canuck logo, but I am very happy at first glance with these as compared to the Pepsico Sprite monstrosities.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I agree. Even if it was a reimagined orca C, reimagined by a first nations artist. That with the black/red/yellow/white would be the best thing ever
What Chase Gray did was brilliant, and the colour palette being both traditional Coast Salish/Musqueam and totally in line with the flying skate is so great.

I think the logo would need a little retouching, simpler is better and although the subtle second whale in the bottom of Chase’s design is neat, something more in line with the current style would suit the rebrand better imo

What would be very exciting too would be to add authentic salish details to the entire design of the jersey as well. Instead of usual trim do a blanket weaving pattern, add subtle crescents and trigons to the structure of the jersey

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Its “okay”
Nothing really stands out, i dono..
The logo looks improved tho

Reactions: The Stig

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
1658642835410.png

IMO that logo looks better on a white jersey

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bring the flying skate as the third jersey.

There’s been a lot of rumors that this is exactly what’s going to happen next year. The modified stick and rink jersey being retired as the 3rd and the skate taking its place.

The Reverse Retros are a league wide initiative that they appear to be committing to multiple variants of.

Reactions: theguardianII

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
The Jersey
If it’s true, I like that we are FINALLY paying homage to the old WHL Canucks.
They have been since the insane decision to put a giant, unstylized wordmark over the logo in 2007?

In any event, these jerseys are boring, but they prove once more that green goes much better with navy blue than royal blue, and the Canucks need green in their logo to even approach normalcy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
There’s been a lot of rumors that this is exactly what’s going to happen next year. The modified stick and rink jersey being retired as the 3rd and the skate taking its place.

The Reverse Retros are a league wide initiative that they appear to be committing to multiple variants of.

Awesome, the flying skate was my childhood visual of the Canucks. I’ll grab that tshirt no problem.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Jersey

They have been since the insane decision to put a giant, unstylized wordmark over the logo in 2007?

In any event, these jerseys are boring, but they prove once more that green goes much better with navy blue than royal blue, and the Canucks need green in their logo to even approach normalcy.

I don’t think the “VANCOUVER” wordmark was inspired by the WHL team at all. I think that was someone in marketing feeling like the orca logo didn’t shout the location enough and slapped the name of the city on as an afterthought.

IMO.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I don’t think the “VANCOUVER” wordmark was inspired by the WHL team at all. I think that was someone in marketing feeling like the orca logo didn’t shout the location enough and slapped the name of the city on as an afterthought.

IMO.
I don't know if it's been recorded very well, but they actually said it was at the time. I think the video announcing the change made a point to show both too – it's a pretty clear homage and explains why they didn't even make the slightest attempt to make it look good:

1968-69VancouverCanucks.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The white stripes are way too thick and it makes it look terrible.

They are so overpowering in the overall design.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad