Confirmed with Link: Canucks reveal Reverse Retro 2.0 Jersey (Post #105)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Pretty gross, looks like something you'd find in a highschool gym closet, or value village.

Par for the course for Canucks, never progressive or impressive, just disappointing.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Personally don't really like it, I feel that logo should just be a shoulder patch not a main front logo.

I still like the skate logo the best, I like how it represents the sport they play with the team name blended into it, looks good. And I know the Canucks players really like wearing the skate jersey, they look sharp in them as well, and they had a really good record when wearing the skate jersey I don't even know if they lost a game last year wearing them, just bring the skate back already.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
The jersey itself reminds me of the later Whalers colours.
Loved those.

0000484958.jpg

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
The source is a very reliable one on twitter.

Appears to be the 1962 jersey in somewhat more current colours.

I was hoping for a flying V but I still like it. Thoughts?

These don't look bad but they should just bring back the Linden/Bure Yellow and Black Jerseys for good.

Those ones will always be the top for many Nuck fans

Reactions: The Stig

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I do to…but they aren’t the Canucks colours.
Just because they weren’t in 1970, you mean? The Canucks have pretty famously changed many times since then; adopting a slightly darker shade – one that most of their merchandise is already sold in no less – would hardly be a betrayal.

Going to a darker blue is in fact one of the most common jersey evolutions in the NHL… all of Edmonton, Isles and Rangers, Capitals, Sabres, Blues and (sort of) Jets have tried it at one point or another, if not more.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think it'd be better with white as the main color.

The amount of teams with some form of navy blue as a main color for one of their jerseys is getting a little much.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kinda bummed I have to buy it tbh.

I’m in the minority that I liked the Sprite RRs (I have a Horvat one), and I like these, too. Always think they look better in action than they do in lowish resolution leak photos on someone’s table.

For example - while the Canucks never won in the sprites, I will always remember this:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
As an Oilers fan jumping in, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time in recent memory a team has used the retro NHL shield, correct? Interested to see if that theme continues with the Reverse Retros.

Edit: Just saw a previous post pointing out the. opposite directionality of the lettering. Good catch!

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I’m in the minority that I liked the Sprite RRs (I have a Horvat one), and I like these, too. Always think they look better in action than they do in lowish resolution leak photos on someone’s table.

For example - while the Canucks never won in the sprites, I will always remember this:

I LOVED the sprite RRs. You know I need to buy this to keep the collection going. I don't hate it. It's just bland. The RR series should be a flashback to the wilder decisions in jersey history. The WHL style should have been kept for a Heritage Classic game. The oversized stripes and cartoonish styling even looks like it'd fit the Heritage Classic more.

Run back the Flying V, the Canary, or the Salmon jersey. Imagine the styling of the Salmon jersey but all black and the red and yellow in the sweeping stripe.

I genuinely like this logo/jersey:

View attachment 572286

I bought one of these recently

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I LOVED the sprite RRs. You know I need to buy this to keep the collection going. I don't hate it. It's just bland. The RR series should be a flashback to the wilder decisions in jersey history. The WHL style should have been kept for a Heritage Classic game. The oversized stripes and cartoonish styling even looks like it'd fit the Heritage Classic more.

Run back the Flying V, the Canary, or the Salmon jersey. Imagine the styling of the Salmon jersey but all black and the red and yellow in the sweeping stripe.

I bought one of these recently

Haha, you and I are in the same boat - I need this one for the collection, too. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad