Confirmed with Link: Canucks reveal Reverse Retro 2.0 Jersey (Post #105)

Feb 19, 2018
It should be the Stick in rink jersey for the Retro and the Black/White Skate jerseys as our mains. I wonder if new management actually pays attention to the fans and make the skate jerseys permanent. Such a no brainer and they would make a fortune doing it, Covid losses averted.

Reactions: JellyRamp

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
First of all, they didn't even get the sleeve striping right

View attachment 572343

It's a reverse of their white uniform. Sleeve stripes look right to me.

The biggest problem I see is that the legs on the logo appear to be disproportionately too large. If that's how it really looks in person they seriously screwed up. The logo is difficult enough to render as is and the Canucks already did the worst job possible with their modernized version. It appears that the modern version was based on a pseudo logo widely circulated on the internet which was never used by the WHL team. It bugs the hell out of me every time i see it. Its like everything else when it comes to Canuck branding they get it wrong 100% of the time.

Actually that's not true, the one time they got it right was when they unveiled the 40th anniversary jersey. No stupid collars. Completely true to the original. It's a beautiful uniform.

If I were to design this I would make a monochrome navy version and ditch the green or go with navy and blue.

Last edited:

Canuckle

West Coast Express
Feb 20, 2008
It's a reverse of their white uniform. Sleeve stripes look right to me.

The biggest problem I see is that the legs on the logo appear to be disproportionately too large. If that's how it really looks in person they seriously screwed up. The logo is difficult enough to render as is and the Canucks already did the worst job possible with their modernized version. It appears that the modern version was based on a pseudo logo widely circulated on the internet which was never used by the WHL team. It bugs the hell out of me every time i see it. Its like everything else when it comes to Canuck branding they get it wrong 100% of the time.

Actually that's not true, the one time they got it right was when they unveiled the 40th anniversary jersey. No stupid collars. Completely true to the original. It's a beautiful uniform.

If I were to design this I would make a monochrome navy version and ditch the green or go with navy and blue.
Look at what I quoted first before you reply

JellyRamp

"Relax and Swing"
Jul 26, 2022
i, for 1, dont think this looks that bad. maybe people will warm up to it when they see it in action

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Run the 2010-2011 40th anniversary jerseys as the main jerseys.

1658966019669.png

Then, run the black flying skates as the alternates.
1658966095823.png

It's so easy. Why do they struggle so much with this?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they want three jerseys it's pretty straightforward: 1) The current; 2) The '94; 3) The stick'n'rink.

It's not that hard.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Run the 2010-2011 40th anniversary jerseys as the main jerseys.

Then, run the black flying skates as the alternates.

It's so easy. Why do they struggle so much with this?
This is what happens when they hire the cheapest design guy fresh out of Emily Carr. Probably not even a hockey fan.

Same reason why our music sucked under DJ Baron S...she wasn't a Canucks fan.

BrentSopelsHair

Mar 2, 2016
StuckInYourDrain
This is what happens when they hire the cheapest design guy fresh out of Emily Carr. Probably not even a hockey fan.

Same reason why our music sucked under DJ Baron S...she wasn't a Canucks fan.
This is a major deviation from thread topic, but saying that someone can't be a good in-arena DJ because they're not a Canucks fan is the most baby-brained shit imaginable. From all indications the issue with Baron S was that she was a nepotism hire who was just not good at the job, who in the world cares if the person playing pop music after an icing doesn't know who plays the bumper on PP1?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This is a major deviation from thread topic, but saying that someone can't be a good in-arena DJ because they're not a Canucks fan is the most baby-brained shit imaginable. From all indications the issue with Baron S was that she was a nepotism hire who was just not good at the job, who in the world cares if the person playing pop music after an icing doesn't know who plays the bumper on PP1?

Well for one...she did play Chelsea Dagger which pissed many fans off. They need to have some understanding of what works and what doesn't work in-game. Like, playing shit music you hear at the Red Room doesn't work. Not surprised though, Vancouver generally has a shitty music scene and many good local talents get glossed over.

But yeah, enjoy your shitty remix of Sweet Caroline and Camila Cabello songs.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
On a related note, adidas will not be continuing as jersey suppliers. Maybe now we can get rid of the hideous clerical collars that adorn almost every team’s jerseys.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Found it.

Having collected a lot of jerseys, I don’t feel there are any that look as nice as the 1990s CCM jerseys. I get that they are heavier and weigh more once wet, but they look so good.

The big thing that pissed me off about Adidas was the HUGE drop in quality of “official replica” jerseys. CCM and Reebok official replicas were not too dissimilar from the authentic ones, but the Fanatics brand official replicas were just dogshit. The logos and numbers were nowhere close to the authentic look. Hopefully whichever manufacturer takes over gives that part an overhaul.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Don’t like basically having a modified Abby jersey.

With rumours that the Skate is going to be our 3rds this year, I personally wish we had the mustard yellow skate as the reverse retro jersey. Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad