Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Adam Gaudette to 1-Year Deal ($950,000)

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
Don’t you have to have 4 accrued seasons of pro hockey ? he signed at age 20. The 5 games don’t count. So that’s last season and the one prior. This will be his 3rd season.
He was 21 when he signed, so only 3 years of pro games for eligibility.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
"That Hutton contract will look pretty good when he's scoring 50 points!"

- Jim Benning
Who were they trying to acquire but wouldn’t move Hutton at that point. I know there was a rumour I just can’t recall it.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
He had 33 points.

That got a guy a 5 year deal with a retroactive no trade clause not too long ago.

I know it's Jim but Gaudette had 0 leverage and was a ghost in the playoffs laying a goose egg. Really there's zero scenario he would have gotten more than he did

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

He's a winger playing C. Hopefully they figure that out this year. Looked like a different player with different responsibilities on the PP.

If they're going to try to keep ruining him by playing him at C, we should have sold high on him now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Gaud is 6’1” and 170. He’s 24 too, so it’s not likely he gets much heavier. Maybe he’s just too light to be effective in the role he’s given here, or his skills say he should play?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Great deal. He has some nice value to this team and league wide with the flat cap since he’s so cheap and can produce. Especially if he doesn’t have arb rights next year either..but I’m not sure if he is eligible?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Do you guys have to drag every thread into a Jim Benning wank fest?....:help:

AFA Gaudette

Like the signing. Obviously cheaper than i thought but i guess without arb rights and after a poor playoff AG still needs to establish himself as a positive everyday player so it makes some sense.

I'm not convinced with the lack of NHL games he still can't be a good centre at the NHL level. Needs to learn to keep those feet moving at all times, add 5-10 lbs of muscle and improve defensively. It might be a bit much to ask but he has a pretty big role to fill and it's gonna take some patience if he can get there.

Bottom line is love his energy talent and work ethic and am glad he's back for 20/21

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Do you guys have to drag every thread into a Jim Benning wank fest?....end rant

AFA Gaudette

Like the signing. Obviously cheaper than i thought but i guess without arb rights and after a poor playoff AG still needs to establish himself as a positive everyday player so it makes some sense.

I'm not convinced with the lack of NHL games he still can't be a good centre at the NHL level. Needs to learn to keep those feet moving at all times, add 5-10 lbs of muscle and improve defensively. It might be a bit much to ask but he has a pretty big role to fill and it's gonna take some patience if he can get there.

Bottom line is love his energy talent and work ethic and am glad he's back for 20/21
He's was put into a position where he couldn't succeed (that's why I wouldn't put too much stock in his "performance" this past post-season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i still like gaudette and i think giving him a one year show me deal has some risk for us.

gaudette is a guy who really just wants to score goals who they are trying to develop into a complete centre. i am not sure he will ever totally buy into being that but if he does it could be awesome.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He's was put into a position where he couldn't succeed (that's why I wouldn't put too much stock in his "performance" this past post-season.
What do you mean?

They gave him a wing position with Roussel and Sutter? He had some jump and came close a few times but as with a lot of players who haven't experienced the pace and intensity of puck battles in the playoffs he was largely overmatched 5 v 5.

He really couldn't have had a easier role to succeed in.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i still like gaudette and i think giving him a one year show me deal has some risk for us.

gaudette is a guy who really just wants to score goals who they are trying to develop into a complete centre. i am not sure he will ever totally buy into being that but if he does it could be awesome.
Seriously?

I get the feeling Gaudette will run through a brick wall.

The issue is he was a 1st PP star scorer before he came here and now at the highest level where he doesn't have a better than average physical trait he needs to learn to do some heavy lifting defensively.

Have some patience. It's not like he came into the NHL as a 2 way beast with plus size and/or speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad