Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Mar. 12th - Kesler sent back to Vancouver for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Alberts has missed a game and the main boards, lead by Flames fans, are still saying he was faking. What the hell is going on here? Has it really come to this?

Clearly it was an embellishment attempt gone wrong. After all, his arm moved as he was going down! :sarcasm:

Torts: "O.K.... I've seen enough; we're calling up Corrado after this game regardless of your performance tonight. Take a dive in the first and save yourself the embarrassment of getting replaced by a kid in the AHL due to your incompetence."

Flames fans might have a legitimate beef. :sarcasm:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Alberts has missed a game and the main boards, lead by Flames fans, are still saying he was faking. What the hell is going on here? Has it really come to this?

This forum has gotten really bad, there no way I could be a mod on here and be putting up with all the trolls and headaches on this forum, it's getting to the point of going on the main boards is just a major waste. There are good members on here from other teams that you can talk hockey to but its getting rare, to the point that when you find them its like finding someone when your on holiday that you know or lives near you, that ohh hey!

Wetcoaster

Yeah sure, a guy who has not been able to draw into the lineup on regular basis is going to fake an injury so he is out of the lineup. That makes lot of sense... NOT!

hudson bay rules

Dec 31, 2013
Or closer.

I find certain injuries funny/interesting/confusing.

Burrows returns in the same game that he injures his jaw but now he can't return for weeks/months?

He's a professional making 4+ mill a year, who cares if he can't chew properly when he's 50? :D

Get well soon Alex.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/ElliottPap/status/418443319287365632
Injured Nux Burrows (wearing full cage), Schroeder, Edler all on ice with skills coach Glenn Carnegie. Luongo on ice, too. #Canucks

https://twitter.com/KevinisInGoal/status/418443393597845505
Alexandre Burrows skating with full face shield before rest of team; Alex Edler also skating, as is Roberto Luongo and Joacim Eriksson

https://twitter.com/ElliottPap/status/418451244747726850
Luongo on ice with full team at morning skate. Torts says all the injured players who skated today (Burrows, Schroeder, Edler) "day to day."

Last edited:

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 19s

Luongo speaks. Will not dress vs TBay but getting close. Says he was hurt on an Evander Kane shot, not collision with Byfuglien.

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 22s

Luongo on injury vs WPG: "It was a shot from Evander Kane down the wing. I tried to play through it, but thought it was best to leave."

Wetcoaster

An article on Luongo's recovery - Luongo's imminent return indicates goaltender will be ready for Olympics

Goaltender Roberto Luongo expects to return to the Vancouver Canucks lineup soon and should be back in game shape in time for the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Luongo took part in his first workout with the team Wednesday since suffering a "lower-body" injury Dec. 22 against Winnipeg.

"This is my first team practice, so I'm feeling good," said Luongo after a morning skate in advance of Vancouver's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. "Everything's progressing really well right now."

Luongo indicated the problem is not overly serious, but was still not healthy enough to play against Tampa Bay. Eddie Lack drew his third straight start, and fourth appearance since Luongo got hurt, while minor-league call-up Joacim Eriksson was given the backup assignment.​

Last edited by a moderator:

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Botchford has allegedly been told "there is a Canuck playing through a long-term injury which probably needs surgery, but it’s not Kesler."

Kind of an Eklund-esque way to report an injury, especially for a guy who I think fancies himself to be more of an insider than he really is, but I thought I'd share it as food for thought. After tonight, I have more ideas as to who it could be than couldn't...

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Botchford has allegedly been told "there is a Canuck playing through a long-term injury which probably needs surgery, but it’s not Kesler."

Kind of an Eklund-esque way to report an injury, especially for a guy who I think fancies himself to be more of an insider than he really is, but I thought I'd share it as food for thought. After tonight, I have more ideas as to who it could be than couldn't...

Im' guessing that it has to be one of the Sedins.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

It has to be someone high profile enough that losing him for the season to surgery would be unthinkable. Daniel maybe?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I would not be surprised if its bieksa either, i forget when it happened but i noticed he does not really seem to want to take slapshots and his wrist shots have been incredibly weak. So weak he almost never can get the puck through.

Old kevin loved to shoot the puck.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I just figure if it was daniel, exceptions would be made and he would not be on the pk and racking up big minutes, surely torts would back off if hes playing through an injury that needs surgery.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I would not be surprised if its bieksa either, i forget when it happened but i noticed he does not really seem to want to take slapshots and his wrist shots have been incredibly weak. So weak he almost never can get the puck through.

Old kevin loved to shoot the puck.

Bieksa had similar issues in 11/12 which turned out to be some kind of pull or tear in his gut area. I'm still guessing Daniel though.

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I find certain injuries funny/interesting/confusing.

Burrows returns in the same game that he injures his jaw but now he can't return for weeks/months?

He's a professional making 4+ mill a year, who cares if he can't chew properly when he's 50? :D

Get well soon Alex.

The pain didn't really start up until later on that night after the game.

Why are so you surprised? We are the Canucks, after all.

Torts: "O.K.... I've seen enough; we're calling up Corrado after this game regardless of your performance tonight. Take a dive in the first and save yourself the embarrassment of getting replaced by a kid in the AHL due to your incompetence."

Flames fans might have a legitimate beef. :sarcasm:

Nice. Exactly this. :laugh:

Good! Finally some progress and light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it's not an oncoming train. :sarcasm::cry:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It has to be someone high profile enough that losing him for the season to surgery would be unthinkable. Daniel maybe?

Whoever it is, I think this makes sense. Not that they're not important, but f it was a 4th-liner would he still care to report it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad