Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Mar. 12th - Kesler sent back to Vancouver for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
This is probably irrelevant but I was down at the Canucks team store today around 11:45 and heard some noises coming from the concourse outside the upper level. I looked through the gate and it was Burrows and a trainer working on stick handling/passing by themselves. I believe the rest of the team was running on-ice drills at that point.

I know Burrows was off the ice today, but the fact he was working one-on-one with a trainer away from the drills suggest maybe he's further away from coming back than we thought.

Wetcoaster

This is probably irrelevant but I was down at the Canucks team store today around 11:45 and heard some noises coming from the concourse outside the upper level. I looked through the gate and it was Burrows and a trainer working on stick handling/passing by themselves. I believe the rest of the team was running on-ice drills at that point.

I know Burrows was off the ice today, but the fact he was working one-on-one with a trainer away from the drills suggest maybe he's further away from coming back than we thought.
Or closer.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
With the Olympic roster being announced on Jan 7, you've got to think that Luongo will be back sooner rather than later.

Wetcoaster

If Luongo is out ten days, that's six games!

www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=439838
It depends upon from whence you begin counting.

If from the date of the injury then 10 days would mean he would miss up to three games.

Also nothing in the reports I have seen at the Province attribute the injury assessment to GMMG. No source is cited and as it is The Gollum it may have just popped into his head.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/1...cks-prospect-shinkaruk-suffers-major-setback/

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1h
Update on Alberts: he will not return tonight and will undergo further evaluation.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Torts on Alberts: He's day to day. You might as well not even ask me because I'm just going to say day to day.

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Torts on Alberts: "I haven't seen the hit. He's day-to-day."

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
It's pretty obvious now that the reason we didn't recall Corrado was because the hockey gods demanded yet another sacrifice from our D corps, and better Alberts than Corrado.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Sucks for alberts. Just when he was rounding into form.
Running out of left shooting dmen

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
It's pretty obvious now that the reason we didn't recall Corrado was because the hockey gods demanded yet another sacrifice from our D corps, and better Alberts than Corrado.

Corrado would seem to be the next logical choice for call-up, so... Yann Sauve time? :laugh:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Oh wow after seeing Hansen's post game I was so scared of another injury to a defencemen but it turns out to be Alberts... :laugh: No offense to Alberts.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Last edited:

member 202355

I'm happy with Corrado replacing Alberts, but we need some of our key guys back. Burrows need to return so that Hansen can get off the 1st line and Edler and Stanton will solidify our back end, assuming Edler returns to his old form.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Alberts has missed a game and the main boards, lead by Flames fans, are still saying he was faking. What the hell is going on here? Has it really come to this?

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Alberts has missed a game and the main boards, lead by Flames fans, are still saying he was faking. What the hell is going on here? Has it really come to this?

Clearly it was an embellishment attempt gone wrong. After all, his arm moved as he was going down! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad