Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Mar. 12th - Kesler sent back to Vancouver for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudonymous*

Torts hates losing. If Alberts is costing us games, it won't be long before Corrado is up.

we'll find another way to replace alberts, it wont be corrado, ahl minutes are sooo much better than 15 min in the nhl. :help:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Dan Murphy
@sportsnetmurph
RT @mattsekeres: Alex Burrows and Alex Edler doing well in their recoveries according to Gillis, but Jordan Schroeder is still a long ways …

3:30 PM December 19

Update

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Seen dan murphy retweeted this

Jason Brough ‏@JasonPHT 2h
"Frankie will be here at some point." -- Gillis on a potential Corrado call-up. I bet he gets the call after Christmas.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I'll continue being confused why people keep wanting to trade from our D core when it's basically clock work each season to lose at least 4 of the starting six for decent periods of time.

NO trades from the defense unless the Canucks are clearly not making noise in the playoffs OR they wait until the offseason.

Looking forward to getting both Burrows and Edler back in the fold, as well as seeing what Corrado can do with some games.

Hamhuis Tanev
Garrison Bieksa
Edler Corrado

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I'll continue being confused why people keep wanting to trade from our D core when it's basically clock work each season to lose at least 4 of the starting six for decent periods of time.

This becomes even more crucial when the playoffs come around. I believe that teams have an average of 3 players injured at any given time over the course of a season. Chances are that one of those players are a defenceman.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Alright so this is what we do.

Hamhuis-Tanev
Edler-Corrado
Garrison-Bieksa

I think the top 2 pairs will be very good defensively and good at shutting down the opposition. Garrison is good defensively as well but I think Corrado goes well with Edler when he returns. Stanton is on IR so he won't we around for awhile. Alberts does not work with the defense too many turnovers.

EDIT:

So Corrado should be replacing Stanton until he recovers. Its sad that the young guys have out played guys like Bieksa and Garrison but that's the way it goes for now IMO. I might have worded it wrong but it's more of we don't need Bieksa's and Garrison's needs and those top 4 fit very well. For now our defense should be like this if it remains.

Hamhuis-Tanev
Garrison-Corrado
Bieksa-Weber

Something like this unless you want the dreaded Alberts.

Last edited:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Alright so this is what we do.

Hamhuis-Tanev
Edler-Corrado
Garrison-Bieksa

I think the top 2 pairs will be very good defensively and good at shutting down the opposition. Garrison is good defensively as well but I think Corrado goes well with Edler when he returns. Stanton is on IR so he won't we around for awhile. Alberts does not work with the defense too many turnovers.

Corrado played well with Edler last season.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Any updates on Lu?

Sure... Since being in the line up, Alberts has been on the ice for 1 goal, while paired with kb3... Kb3 has been on the ice for all but 1 goal...

(stats may be wrong since its based on my memory and no real research)

Edit... Lol, I did not read that as Lu, guess my post has nothing to do with what I quoted...

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Wetcoaster

It's official.

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
"Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday." - Torts

Jefe88

Jun 20, 2012
Port Coquitlam
I wish we had a vet in the ahl to bring up instead of Eriksson. He should be getting a full load down there and Cannata should be in the echl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad