Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Mar. 12th - Kesler sent back to Vancouver for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Stanton has been sent back to Vancouver for evaluation, meaning he’s out for the remainder of the trip (at Dallas on Thursday, at Chicago on Friday.) It’s likely that Andrew Alberts will draw back into the lineup.

Brad Ziemer‏@BradZiemer
Torts confirms Stanton sent back to Vancouver #Canucks

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
vlcsnap-000102.png

"I'll be on the next plane to Dallas..."

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Probably wait to see the extent of the injury to Stanton before they do anything. Evaluate Alberts too... I wouldn't rule out them calling up a defenceman by Monday if it's serious.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Staunton plays the left side? I can see the argument for putting in Alberts over Corrado in that spot, because of the side thing.

Me, I play both sides equally badly, and when you're in beer league who cares? I assume that at the NHL level, microseconds count and if you're not able to play your wrong side with ease, it actually matters.

Besides, if memory serves, Alberts always starts slow and then gets better as the season goes. He also has the long reach and size - with Edler out, the team seems a little small on the back end.

Pseudonymous*

Staunton plays the left side? I can see the argument for putting in Alberts over Corrado in that spot, because of the side thing.

Me, I play both sides equally badly, and when you're in beer league who cares? I assume that at the NHL level, microseconds count and if you're not able to play your wrong side with ease, it actually matters.

Besides, if memory serves, Alberts always starts slow and then gets better as the season goes. He also has the long reach and size - with Edler out, the team seems a little small on the back end.

lets be real, alberts would draw in before corrado no matter what happened.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Bieksa and Tanev had a couple shifts together last night and looked fine. Anything is better than Alberts.

Okay, fine. Not Cam Barker.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

This is the point in the season that Alberts gets to play a few in a row, starts to play well, then people are suddenly surprised, then he throws a massive hit and someone will bump the Alberts thread. He is a fine no 6.

Wetcoaster

We're going to lose points because of Alberts.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Remember when the Canucks went through a spate of D injuries and used 13 different D yet still won the Jennings?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I'd rather they gave Huskins or Andersson a shot over Alberts at this point.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Perhaps, perhaps not. Remember when the Canucks went through a spate of D injuries and used 13 different D yet still won the Jennings?

The last time Alberts hit the ice, he gave up two quality scoring chances to the opposing team in a single shift. Will piss away points we desperately need come April.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
is it possible to do Alberts-Tanev and Hamhuis-Weber

I like the sounds of having a defensively reliable guy on each pairing

Depends. If you play Alberts/Weber, you're keeping that pairing at around the 6-8 minute mark most likely. Alberts/Tanev and Hamhuis/Weber means that those two are getting more like 15 minutes each.

There's positives and negatives in both approaches.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Alberts should be taken off the ice as soon as he makes his bad play when the game is close and up for grabs. He is one person on this team that can completely shift the games momentum with his errors and should only be put back on the ice only when the game is out of reach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad