Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Canucks AGM Gilman said Burrows recovery time from broken jaw won't be known for 7-10 days. Gilman said stress tests on Burrows' jaw SUN in Carolina were negative, but xrays in Nashville MON showed fracture.

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
"When he first got hit, we were worried, when he came back, we thought it was okay. Bad luck for sure. He has our support" - Bieksa on Burrows

"Alex is a big part of our team and it's a big loss, but we'll come together and he'll be back soon" - Luongo on Burrows

Last edited by a moderator:

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Majorly bummed here.

Have tickets to the upcoming back-to-back against Edmonton and Boston. Was really hoping none of my favourite players got hurt before then, and now this. :(

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Losing Burrows hurt but it does NOT decresae playoff chance....every team have injuries at various time of the year......but I guess some see it as no playoff.........sigh

Wetcoaster

I am selfishly hoping that they call up Archibald to replace him just so there's a higher chance of a fight. It's my first live game in years, so sue me.
No problem.. just supply your full legal name, occupation and address for service of the Notice of Claim. ;)

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
I am selfishly hoping that they call up Archibald to replace him just so there's a higher chance of a fight. It's my first live game in years, so sue me.

I think I would rather have Mallet for that reason (or is it Grenier).
Seem to remember being excited about what one of those young French guys can do with their gloves off :laugh:

There will be no litigation from me. :)

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
I think I would rather have Mallet for that reason (or is it Grenier).
Seem to remember being excited about what one of those young French guys can do with their gloves off :laugh:

There will be no litigation from me. :)

That's definitely Mallet, but I don't think he's ready for a callup yet. Archibald can throw them and hit, as evidenced by his barrel-rolling of a guy last week.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
^ Maaaaan...

Nice to see Tanev adding some shot power.

Silver linings. :cry:

Better than I thought, actually (if true). Hope he gets his season back on track once he returns. Guy needs some breaks going his way.

Not a major loss. Burrows hasn't contributed much offensively, the team has had an elite PK without him and he doesn't help drive the PP IMO. 8 or so games without Burrows isn't a big deal.

There will be a dropoff in the team's ES play no doubt... hopefully they'll get through this without too much trouble.

You mean Salo. Last season was the first season in a while that Kesler missed a big chunk of regular season games.

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/407924940499734528

I do like how your avatar keeps changing. So subtle. :laugh:

Wetcoaster

Too bad.

Was hoping he was suffering from "pulled mid-game due to pending trade".
Nope.

"Alex Edler is day-to-day with a lower body injury" - Torts #Canucks

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bububut... washed up... no future... It's inevitable we'll be the Calgary Flames! :sarcasm:

Yeah, we're screwed!
If only we had all those great prospects like the Oilers. Now there is a team that knows how to rebuild. That team is going to be unbeatable in 2012.....err....2013.....err....I mean really soon!
:)

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, we're screwed!
If only we had all those great prospects like the Oilers. Now there is a team that knows how to rebuild. That team is going to be unbeatable in 2012.....err....2013.....err....I mean really soon!
:)

The next Dynasty will be upon us soon! :scared:

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Anyone think Corrado is going to be called? He hasn't been yet... but maybe they were waiting until after the game vs. the Americans tonight?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Anyone think Corrado is going to be called? He hasn't been yet... but maybe they were waiting until after the game vs. the Americans tonight?

I think they're going to give Alberts a game or two, and if he sucks and Edler is out long term then I think he gets called up.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Re: Burrows, I guess the good news is the Christmas break will be coming up relatively soon so it's more like 3 weeks of games that he'll miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad