Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
@patersonjeff
Word around the rink is #Canucks will be without Edler for at least a couple of weeks. More details after practice

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They might just roll with Alberts though.

*shivers*

Hope it's not Edler's back again...

Is it too early for an Andrew Alberts appreciation thread?

Joking aside, I have to admire Alberts for having such a long NHL career with pretty marginal talent. The guy has played 480 games. That's pretty impressive.

Horace

Oct 2, 2013
noooo lost season for Edler. If he's out that long he won't be able to immediately jump back out of his cold streak

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 50s

RT @benkuzma: Edler spotted limping into gym with a wrap around right knee. #canucks

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
If there is one positive to take out of the Edler and Burrows injuries. Is that we lost our two worst plus minus guys.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 50s

RT @benkuzma: Edler spotted limping into gym with a wrap around right knee. #canucks

It's not his back! We call that a "Canuck win".

Get pooed on by a bird? Hey at least it didn't go in your mouth! #canuckwin

Pseudonymous*

Hah i knew it, much more than one game, and now i bet corrado is still not called up!! i swear to god if they dont call him up! :rant:

Pseudonymous*

Whoa!!!!
Off the ledge there guy! It's just a game!!:amazed:

haha i was't going to do something drastic like that, i was moreso thinking something along the lines of running alberts over with my car ;)

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
haha i was't going to do something drastic like that, i was moreso thinking something along the lines of running alberts over with my car ;)

Now that's going way overboard!

On the other hand, hiring Tanya Harding's boyfriend to give AA a little tap on the back of the knee would seem to be a more measured response.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
4-6 weeks

MCL sprain.

Who knows with the Canucks medical staff. These are the same guys that stood Mason Raymond up and skated him off the ice with a broken neck and gave Burrows 1 stitch and let him go back out and play with a broken jaw that needed surgery.

Bush league at best.

Cool Hand Goof*

so let me get this straight

one player, although played decent and doing the right things but that cant score is injured , and another who has been just god awful for the majority of the season is injured

this could be a blessing in disguise

and we now have 9,500,000 in freed up cap space for at least a month

what does stay still gill do??????

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
MCL sprain.

Who knows with the Canucks medical staff. These are the same guys that stood Mason Raymond up and skated him off the ice with a broken neck and gave Burrows 1 stitch and let him go back out and play with a broken jaw that needed surgery.

Bush league at best.

Raymond had a broken back not a neck but I agree.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Not to be a negative Nancy but honestly, if there's a season to get completely injury riddled this is probably it. I'm sure curious how long Alberts gets to play, sometimes I think he's perfectly suited for his role on this team because when he's been out for awhile and comes back in he has a lot of energy (who wouldn't after being out for so long) and is fun to watch him hit everything in sight, before inevitably, after playing a couple games in a row his lack of talent and vision catches up with him and he looks like a pylon out there (at which point we call up Corrado). What is the over under on games played by Alberts before they dress Corrado anyhow? I say 2.5. The over under before calling up Corrado? 0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad