Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Continue!

Player | Injury | Date of Injury | Estimated Recovery Time
Jordan Schroeder|Broken Ankle|October 19th, 2013|2+ months
Alex Burrows|Broken Jaw|December 1st, 2013|4 weeks
Alex Edler|Knee|December 3rd, 2013|Indefinite

Last edited by a moderator:

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
@VanCanucks
Both #Canucks goaltenders on the ice today. Same lines and D pairs as yesterday's practice.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
They are just playing post season mind games, I think Schneider has been basically fine this entire time. He'll start Game 1 ... Tanev, however, I'm not particularly optimistic on.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
I agree, I figure Tanev back mid-series.

Is it too much to ask for them to just ballpark where Booth is at? A couple weeks away? Over a month? Done for the year? All of this daily Schneider / Tanev update provides me with no new useful information.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I agree, I figure Tanev back mid-series.

Is it too much to ask for them to just ballpark where Booth is at? A couple weeks away? Over a month? Done for the year? All of this daily Schneider / Tanev update provides me with no new useful information.

They said awhile ago it'd take "a miracle" for him to be back at all anytime this playoffs.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
They said awhile ago it'd take "a miracle" for him to be back at all anytime this playoffs.
Can you provide a source? Because it seems like it shouldn't take that long to recover from a high ankle sprain, I would have thought it would be likely he'd be back at some point if, say, they went to the finals.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Can you provide a source? Because it seems like it shouldn't take that long to recover from a high ankle sprain, I would have thought it would be likely he'd be back at some point if, say, they went to the finals.

What?
Have you ever had a high ankle sprain?
They are the worst.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
What?
Have you ever had a high ankle sprain?
They are the worst.
No, but my understanding of the recovery time is that it's about 8 weeks, which would be second week of May-ish, given he was injured mid-March. But maybe he had a setback or something. I just have no information here.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
No, but my understanding of the recovery time is that it's about 8 weeks, which would be second week of May-ish, given he was injured mid-March. But maybe he had a setback or something. I just have no information here.

I thought they said he had to have surgery for it.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

IIRC Booth's estimated recovery time was 12 weeks. So realistically we shouldn't expect him back unless we make it to the WCF at the least.

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto

It was either Gillis or AV (probably Dr. AV) saying it would be a miracle. Local media, on the other hand, suggested he could be back as early as round two. Here's a tweet from the ever-popular Botch:

@botchford said:
In '11, Canucks said only a "miracle" would get Malhotra in a playoff game. Booth miracle set up for the 2nd round

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I have said this before, but if we go to the SCF Booth will play, even if he is at 75% he will come back, since we will have others playing 75% anyway, he dose not need to be 100% to come back.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Booths own agent has pretty much hinted he won't be back via spices on Twitter a while back.

John Bender*

The Booth stuff is perplexing. There has been very little info about it beyond that it's an ankle issue. I thought he had surgery already. Do they usually operate on an "high ankle sprain?" I must admit I know nothing about that.

Booth is as good as done as I saw his agent basically confirmed that and also admitted that they are ready for the probable scenario where he is bought out. Perhaps Gillis has already informed them this is likely?

It's a real shame. Booth as a bottom 6 guy would be huge. Watching the STL/LA game tonight, he'd be a big asset to the Canucks.

Botchford is approaching Eklund territory. I don't believe a word he says. His "2nd round" suggestion is a hunch and as he has proved time and again, his hunches don't amount to dog ****.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also, I fully believe Schneider will play in game one. I stand by my belief in which I think he was sick and had a stomach flu or something.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
The Booth stuff is perplexing. There has been very little info about it beyond that it's an ankle issue. I thought he had surgery already. Do they usually operate on an "high ankle sprain?" I must admit I know nothing about that.

Booth is as good as done as I saw his agent basically confirmed that and also admitted that they are ready for the probable scenario where he is bought out. Perhaps Gillis has already informed them this is likely?

It's a real shame. Booth as a bottom 6 guy would be huge. Watching the STL/LA game tonight, he'd be a big asset to the Canucks.

Botchford is approaching Eklund territory. I don't believe a word he says. His "2nd round" suggestion is a hunch and as he has proved time and again, his hunches don't amount to dog ****.

A: a high ankle sprain can be anything from 6 days to 6 months. it depends on the degree of the tear and damage. serious sprains lead to instability even while standing still, and yes, those ones get operated on regularly

B: they're probably keeping him if they cant keep roy. they have a second buyout in the following year they can use on booth if he proves to be a problem

C: booth owns, i agree

D: botch has been pretty much bang on when he sticks his neck out like that. he had malhotra's return in the finals well back from the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->