Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
We also told Cody Hodgson to stop being a baby about a sore back. Oh yeah... He needed surgery and barely played that year too!

And Cody's doctors told him the same thing. And then the oft maligned canuck doctors were the ones that actually found the issue....

Edler/Alberts/Corrado....keep in mind the longer they can go without calling up players from the farm the more money they may have to spend at the deadline or whatever. Corrado if called up eats up available cap space.

Betamax*

And Cody's doctors told him the same thing. And then the oft maligned canuck doctors were the ones that actually found the issue....

Edler/Alberts/Corrado....keep in mind the longer they can go without calling up players from the farm the more money they may have to spend at the deadline or whatever. Corrado if called up eats up available cap space.

Well, I think it wont be long until Frankie is recalled. You can't go with only 6 healthy D over four weeks without the option to replace. If cap savings is what they are looking for, one of the forwards i.e. either a Dalpe or the not a throw in player would be an option to be sent down.

Pseudonymous*

Well, I think it wont be long until Frankie is recalled. You can't go with only 6 healthy D over four weeks without the option to replace. If cap savings is what they are looking for, one of the forwards i.e. either a Dalpe or the not a throw in player would be an option to be sent down.

then it'll be weber or some ********, anything to avoid the most obvious choice

Wetcoaster

IIRC it was Dr. Miniacci at the Cleveland Clinic when Hod(g)son was not responding to treatment based on his original diagnosis.

The Canucks stubbornly insisted that Hodgson was not injured and it was only a performance issue. They painted themselves into a corner. I have been critical of the Canucks medical staff in the past on this and on Mitchell's injury. If the medical staff found him to be injured then he could not have been sent back to junior and he would have been on the roster and counting against the Canucks salary cap.

Dr. Anthony Miniacci was the doctor Hodgson consulted. He is a Canadian from Toronto, educated in Canada and was head of sports medicine at Toronto Western Hospital and the University of Toronto before taking on the position of head of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic which also has a clinic in Toronto.

Dr Miniacci was also the chief medical consultant for the NHLPA. He has been and remains the Orthopaedic Consultant to the Toronto Blue Jays since 1995 as well as Head Team Physician for the Cleveland Browns Football Club from 2003-2009.

He found nerve damage and a bulging disc that was treated. Once that was cleared up there was a further injury discovered.​
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=45324755&postcount=46

I discussed this in depth at the time.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=22468160&postcount=61

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=23694014

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=23726687&highlight=miniacci+hodgson#post23726687

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=24324631&postcount=57

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
guys is there any type of news source or tweet or anything that confirms Edler's MCL sprain??

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Edler tired of being shat on my torts demands a trade and sits out. Hence undisclosed injury. Gets traded as is all of a sudden healthy hence no ltir. Hmmmm

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Edler tired of being shat on my torts demands a trade and sits out. Hence undisclosed injury. Gets traded as is all of a sudden healthy hence no ltir. Hmmmm

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
David Ebner ‏@DavidEbner 9m
Alex Edler, leaving rink in a suit just now, didn't look to wobbly on his bum knee. #canucks

No medical diagnosis but all i seen.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Defensively, Edler has been on par with Alberts this season.

Honestly, I'm not particularly concerned with Edler going down. I think GMMG will see that Edler is expendable, and a bad-value contract. Alberts will outplay him, defensively.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Honestly, I'm not particularly concerned with Edler going down. I think GMMG will see that Edler is expendable, and a bad-value contract. Alberts will outplay him, defensively.

What

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

hahahahahah

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

This post sums up posters in the Vancouver section of HFboards perfectly.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

Don't define yourself like that.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
if Weber was recalled does this mean Edler has been placed on IR?

Haven't heard, but probably, that can place him on IR retroactively meaning in the future the can say is is on IR and has been since he was hurt on Dec 4th.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

This is why I've stayed out of the majority of HFCanuck threads.

Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad