Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTP Legend*

MCL sprain.

Who knows with the Canucks medical staff. These are the same guys that stood Mason Raymond up and skated him off the ice with a broken neck and gave Burrows 1 stitch and let him go back out and play with a broken jaw that needed surgery.

Bush league at best.

We also told Cody Hodgson to stop being a baby about a sore back. Oh yeah... He needed surgery and barely played that year too!

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
so let me get this straight

one player, although played decent and doing the right things but that cant score is injured , and another who has been just god awful for the majority of the season is injured

this could be a blessing in disguise

and we now have 9,500,000 in freed up cap space for at least a month

what does stay still gill do??????

I don't think you know how this works. :laugh:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
I think they're going to give Alberts a game or two, and if he sucks and Edler is out long term then I think he gets called up.

yeah that's how i see it playing out as well

who knows, maybe tortorella can shelter alberts enough that he won't be liable for any large errors...but i can't get that preseason game against san jose out of my mind and the organization probably can't either

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
so let me get this straight

one player, although played decent and doing the right things but that cant score is injured , and another who has been just god awful for the majority of the season is injured

this could be a blessing in disguise

and we now have 9,500,000 in freed up cap space for at least a month

what does stay still gill do??????

Best question I have seen.

Indeed, what does stay gill do?

Horace

Oct 2, 2013
Any idea if Edler will be going on IR? What is the cap space looking like?

Pseudonymous*

Oh, man. This sucks so bad.

only if alberts is in the lineup.

corrado in the lineup just means more time for our other great d's and corrado eating up the other which i dont feel is a downgrade short term

1 injury, we're totally fine, 2, then it starts to suck

Pseudonymous*

Corrado isn't getting called up anytime soon, Gillis said on the team1040 that they're not going to call anyone up right now, he doesn't want to mess with the Comets' recent success.

:rant:

might as well lend them the sedins too :laugh: :sarcasm:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Corrado isn't getting called up anytime soon, Gillis said on the team1040 that they're not going to call anyone up right now, he doesn't want to mess with the Comets' recent success.

This is emblematic of Gillis. The team needs reinforcements but Gillis doesn't want to upset the farm team. FFS!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Burrows and Edler, the two guys I though we should trade in the summer..... now both having crappy injury riddled seasons.

If Gillis doesn't start listening to me I'm just going to stop posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad