Injury Report: Canucks' Infirmary: The Walking Dead Edition

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Heard through a source that Kassian's back issue also has something to do with his hip. Hopefully he can avoid surgery. I was really looking forward to seeing him in a playoff series

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
If Kassian comes back, I would sit Matthias. He hasn't done anything. Play Kassian with Dorsett and Richardson until he's up to speed, then get him up with the Sedins when the flames start getting nasty. Kassian will keep them in check.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Heard through a source that Kassian's back issue also has something to do with his hip. Hopefully he can avoid surgery. I was really looking forward to seeing him in a playoff series

Yeah, kind of expected he'd be done for the playoffs once we didn't hear a peep on him after he skated. Very unfortunate. He would've been a beast in this series.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Need to get Kassian on some DDP Yoga.

I'm actually surprised we don't hear that Yoga is a core component to off ice training. Helps maintain both hip mobility and strengthen core muscle.

Bryan Berard credits yoga as key to helping him recover from a serious back injury.

The Canucks started to incorporate yoga under Gillis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Who would sit for kassian in a desjardins system

Hes probably fine and they told him get it 100percent for tc

Nah lets pretend hes done and were ****ed

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
it's just odd that he's basically fallen off the face of the earth and there's no publicly available information

if he's out for the year with a back/hip injury just say it so the speculation can end...it's not like they'll be able to hide this kind of info from a trading partner

Nature and fans abhor a vacuum. The team has created a huge vacuum around Kassian and people are filling it with anything they can dream up.

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
can someone with photoshop skills put zack kassians face on obi wan kenobi receiving a message from r2

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
it's just odd that he's basically fallen off the face of the earth and there's no publicly available information

if he's out for the year with a back/hip injury just say it so the speculation can end...it's not like they'll be able to hide this kind of info from a trading partner

We shouldn't entertain trading him anyway. I don't know why, when players get injured, they think they will be traded. It's almost never how it works. Maybe not re-sign if it was a contract year, but this isn't the case.

Kassian will come back next season. Too much potential to trade for his current value.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't get where this vacuum of information is coming from. He has a back injury. It's listed on the injury list for goodness sakes. The injury list does say day-to-day but it's clear at this point that it is more serious than that given he skated once a bit ago and hasn't been on the ice since.

It's not that nature and fans abhor a vacuum it's fans simply like to make **** up. He's hurt. End of.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Interesting. Gillis was always forward thinking.

I wonder if we still have a sleep doctor to help optimize player rest?

Nope we got rid of them this year when the new management came on board. And then we heard about fifty times throughout the season how fatigued our players were.

Wilme

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Burrows has been loaded into an ambulance on stretcher.

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks
Burrows sustained an upper body injury & was taken to hospital after practice this morning for precautionary reasons. Will not play tonight.

Radiolad

Jun 24, 2006
Calgary
Burrows hurt in practice

TSN reporting Burrows taken to hospital with wrist injury. Can we replace him in time?

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Terrible news. He is a key cog for this team. I hope it isn't anything serious.

Guessing Sven will be dressing in his place?

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Burrows has been loaded into an ambulance on stretcher.

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks
Burrows sustained an upper body injury & was taken to hospital after practice this morning for precautionary reasons. Will not play tonight.

Jeez, not good. I hope he is okay. Anytime anyone leaves anywhere on a stretcher I am worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad