Continue here.

Player | Injury | Date of Injury | Estimated Recovery Time
Ryan Miller|Unknwon|February 22nd, 2015|End of April
Zack Kassian|Unkonwn|March 17th, 2015|Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
The NHL needs to adopt the NFL injury reporting mandate. The upper body/lower body/ I don't know but can't play hockey BS has to stop.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
The NHL needs to adopt the NFL injury reporting mandate. The upper body/lower body/ I don't know but can't play hockey BS has to stop.

Nope. Its to help protect the players.

In case you didn't notice hockey players wield sticks and play a massive schedule. If you broadcast that your star player has a hand injury I can guarantee he's getting hack n slashed in the hands next outing.

This is why teams get even more tight lipped about injuries during the playoffs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Title depresses me deeply. Although, I should be use to it as a Canuck fan.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Nope. Its to help protect the players.

In case you didn't notice hockey players wield sticks and play a massive schedule. If you broadcast that your star player has a hand injury I can guarantee he's getting hack n slashed in the hands next outing.

This is why teams get even more tight lipped about injuries during the playoffs.

And NFL players with 340 lbs don't do the same thing? They also suspend players that purposely target said injury. Urggg I hate our suspension system already so I'm going to probably back off on my original post because NY HQ sucks.

I don't care about it in the playoffs and get the point then. NFL backs off then as well (Peyton Manning had a torn quad).

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
And NFL players with 340 lbs don't do the same thing? They also suspend players that purposely target said injury. Urggg I hate our suspension system already so I'm going to probably back off on my original post because NY HQ sucks.

I don't care about it in the playoffs and get the point then. NFL backs off then as well (Peyton Manning had a torn quad).

You honestly think the NHL is competent enough to actually suspend players that targets injury? That's quite amusing considering they can barely get normal suspensions correct. :laugh:

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
And NFL players with 340 lbs don't do the same thing? They also suspend players that purposely target said injury.

IMO it is easier to target a player in the NHL than in the NFL. As I said players carry a stick that can be used to whack their opponent. Its very difficult for officials to catch every bit of stickwork that goes on in an NHL game. Hockey scrums also involve punching/cheapshots/jabs/etc.

Look at Zetterberg getting smacked in the head last night with a gloved punch. That sort of thing isn't something you see in a football game.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
You honestly think the NHL is competent enough to actually suspend players that targets injury? That's quite amusing considering they can barely get normal suspensions correct. :laugh:

I did say on second thought our suspension system is horrible.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
So how are the injuries looking ?

Burrows - lower body
Bonino - lower body
Bieksa - surgically repaired robotic hand
Corrado - ???
Edler - upper body
Richardson - ? Lower body ?
Tanev - sweet lord why, concussion

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
What happens w/r/t waivers if we call up Markstrom and have to send him back down when Miller comes back?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What happens w/r/t waivers if we call up Markstrom and have to send him back down when Miller comes back?

I believe if Markstrom is recalled, he can be sent back down without waivers unless A) He plays in 10 games, or B) Remains on the NHL roster for 30 days or more.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's the status of Edler?....rumor is he'll be out for the rest of the regular season.....would be a serious setback if this is the case....disappointing that NHL teams clamp down so much in injury news:help:

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
What's the status of Edler?....rumor is he'll be out for the rest of the regular season.....would be a serious setback if this is the case....disappointing that NHL teams clamp down so much in injury news:help:

If its his back like rumor, that's likely and is something that likely will follow him for the rest of his career. The fact Biega looks like he'll be here for a while probably means all the D injuries are somewhat serious or Utica wouldnt be making moves too. At this point, i wouldnt be surprised if we sign some NCAA Dmans soon (when their season ends) to AHL contracts.

It seems like we are paying for our injury luck @ the start of the season when almost everyone was healthy for a decent period of time.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I thought he's good for the year since he cleared earlier?

that just entitles you to the 10 games/30 days exemption. AFAIK every time they clear waiver that 10/30 exemption resets. '

Ie Canucks could

call up and play markstrom 5 games send him down, no waivers
call up and play markstrom 3 more games send him down, no waivers
call up and play markstrom 4 more games send him down, waivers kicks in after 2 games (10th)

if he clears waivers, new set of 10/30

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
What a pain in the rear. I hope Miller isn't out long term then... Maybe if he is, Markstrom is up for a while (I guess 30 days tops), then we see Eriksson. How long before Eriksson has to worry about waivers?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Does Burrows have a lower or upper body injury?....is Edler out with a back or a shoulder?.and for how much time?..how long is Bonino out and is the ankle bruised or was it a fracture?...does Richardson have just a bruised ankle and if so, why has he been out a month?...and Corrado, who knows what his ailment is?..Tanev is out with an upper body injury...could be a concussion but who really knows?..now Miller...at least we know Bieksa has a broken hand because he has a cast on it.....these injury reports are getting ridiculous....NHL needs to do something about them.:rant:

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Why even bother with the upper/lower body distinction?

Well put. I don't need to know what the injuries are, not sure why people care so much.

For those of you who don't get it, NFL reports are important because football is a sport that is heavily bet on. The NFL knows this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad