Injury Report: Canucks' Infirmary: The Walking Dead Edition

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Yep, no way you can play through a broken rib. Hell, you can't even sneeze without thinking you're being stabbed with a hot, sharp iron. Plus the shortness of breath and possibility of a punctured lung (if it wasn't already punctured in this incident).

This could the storybook moment for Baertschi to arrive, though.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Bergeron played with a broken rib. Linden played in '94 through several broken ribs.

Broken ribs vary a lot in severity. Depending on what this one looks like, he may be able to play with treatment. Or he might be done for the year.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Flames fan coming in peace. Truly sorry to hear about Burrows. I may not like him, but it sucks to see someone miss the playoffs who has worked hard and is passionate.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
**** that sucks, hope he recovers soon but it looks like we won't be going anywhere far enough in the playoffs for him to come back anyway.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
Willie says Burr released from hospital

Dan Murphy tweets this morning the Burrows is still in a Calgary hospital, didn't return with the team.

For a broken rib? Something isn't making sense.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 15m15 minutes ago

Alex Burrows still in Calgary hospital. Won't be returning to Vancouver today.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Dan Murphy tweets this morning the Burrows is still in a Calgary hospital, didn't return with the team.

For a broken rib? Something isn't making sense.

He has been released but not returning today. Dan Murphy tweeted an update minutes after.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Apperently he will stay in calgary hospital to the weekend that sucks i wonder whats up

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
Indeed. Even my friend who is the biggest Kassian hater is saying this would be a completely different series with him in the lineup.

Don't know if I would agree with 'completely different', but at least we would have one guy in front of the net that their defence could not handle.

And, of course, there would always be the option of putting him on the ice at the same time as Ferkland. Now that would be interesting.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Ronlads Kenins looked like he was shaken up, I think after blocking a shot, late in the game. Did anyone notice whether he returned after that? Has there been any report about him at all?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Indeed. Even my friend who is the biggest Kassian hater is saying this would be a completely different series with him in the lineup.

Feels like the series has left the stage were Kassian would have been most useful. Right now I think the time for boneheaded statements are over, enter discipline. With that said, I hope he I back for the Ducks (yeah, I wrote it).

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
If we're missing Kassian and they're missing Giordano, I think we come out on top.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Forget Ferland, Kassian would have been money this series with the Sedins. I love how those three play together and he would have ensured no jerks would be poking them in the face which seems to be the go-to move against them. He has way better hands than Hansen and can crash the net just the same. Plus, it means we get to keep the Horvat, Kenins, Hansen line together which we should never have broke up anyways.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wonder when/if we are going to hear about the extent of some of the injuries to the players. No need to be quiet on Kassian anymore, especially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad