Injury Report: Canucks' Infirmary: The Walking Dead Edition

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I still have a disgusting feeling it's a capcussion. He hasn't played since he got ejected against Toronto some weeks back, and no one, anywhere, seems to have any information on what is the specific injury, or when he might be back, or anything really.

It's his back, that is hurt.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It's his back, that is hurt.

Yes, yes, his back, but by this stage, we usually have some kind of evidence of when or what happened, or at least conjecturing as it being a hyper extension or a slipped disc or some other horrible but specific injury.

I know my position is incredibly dubious, but it's just a feeling I have.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I still have a disgusting feeling it's a capcussion. He hasn't played since he got ejected against Toronto some weeks back, and no one, anywhere, seems to have any information on what is the specific injury, or when he might be back, or anything really.

Cap....cussion...?

There's no cap in the post season...or roster limits....

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Cap doesn't apply in the playoffs. Last we heard it was his back that was keeping him out.

Though you have to wonder if the coach will actually scratch Dorsett for Kassian if he's healthy to play?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Cap doesn't apply in the playoffs. Last we heard it was his back that was keeping him out.

Though you have to wonder if the coach will actually scratch Dorsett for Kassian if he's healthy to play?

Is Dorsett really the guy out now? He has been good lately and in this first Calgary game he did well too.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Is Dorsett really the guy out now? He has been good lately and in this first Calgary game he did well too.

True, he did good in that game. But Kassian is still the better player and it makes for a stronger lineup overall.

We'll probably need every edge we can get if we continue to see coaching like this.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
True, he did good in that game. But Kassian is still the better player and it makes for a stronger lineup overall.

We'll probably need every edge we can get if we continue to see coaching like this.

Yes Kassian is much needed, preferably with the Sedins. But Kenins could sit. How Burrows slots in without breaking up working lines is up for discussion then.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Yes Kassian is much needed, preferably with the Sedins. But Kenins could sit. How Burrows slots in without breaking up working lines is up for discussion then.

Kenins comes out. Dorsett replaces him on Horvat's line. Kassian then slots in besides Richarson. That is if Kassian is ever healthy again this season... :cry:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Yes, yes, his back, but by this stage, we usually have some kind of evidence of when or what happened, or at least conjecturing as it being a hyper extension or a slipped disc or some other horrible but specific injury.

I know my position is incredibly dubious, but it's just a feeling I have.

As stated no cap in the playoffs.

Personal experience...After numerous X-rays, MRIs etc this past August we finally saw on the MRI the offending bulged disc. After about a decade of looking and it was during the worst episode I've ever had (complete numbness down the leg accompanied with shooting pain). There is likely some sort of spur in the area they can't see that when the disc bulged it just made everything really bad. Took nearly 4 months of physical therapy 3 times a week to get my feeling, strength and balance back and it still isn't perfect to say the least. My skating is just atrocious right now.

Last edited:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
As stated no cap in the playoffs.

Personal experience...After numerous X-rays, MRIs etc this past August we finally saw on the MRI the offending bulged disc. After about a decade of looking and it was during the worst episode I've ever had (complete numbness down the leg accompanied with shooting pain). There is likely some sort of spur in the area they can't see that when the disc bulged it just made everything really bad. Took nearly 4 months of physical therapy 3 times a week to get my feeling, strength and balance back and it still isn't perfect to say the least. My skating is just atrocious right now.

That's brutal, Tantalum! Glad you are able to get through that. :yo:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Kenins comes out. Dorsett replaces him on Horvat's line. Kassian then slots in besides Richarson. That is if Kassian is ever healthy again this season... :cry:

except we've seen how much dorsett drags down horvat's line. hopefully kassian comes back, and willie d can find a better way to make it work.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Talked to someone in the canucks Org last night. They couldn't officially tell me anything about Kassian, but they said the skate didn't go well and he hasn't been on the ice since. Said it's very unlikely he plays this season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Talked to someone in the canucks Org last night. They couldn't officially tell me anything about Kassian, but they said the skate didn't go well and he hasn't been on the ice since. Said it's very unlikely he plays this season.

Unfortunate, if true. I believe you though. Since Kassian skated before the series started, we haven't heard a peep. Obviously, it went terribly.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Wouldn't be surprised if Kassian was told to shut it down for the rest of the year...hope he makes a full recovery. Back injuries are the absolute ****ing worst

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Saw Kassian downtown tonight, and I'm guessing the rest of the team is in Calgary already. Probably means he isn't close to returning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad