TSN: Canucks, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, and Flames interested in Tyson Barrie

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
The Leafs are without Rielly and Ceci already. They'd have to score something pretty valuable to move Barrie now. They do need him without Rielly. They can change the makeup of the dcore or score a draft pick haul with the potential to flip. But, they need someone in there to eat tough minutes down the stretch.

100% right, if we were healthy we could easily trade him for futures. As it stands if we cant have a rhd coming back or already have another deal in place to flip the assets he's staying a leaf. Chances are he stays a leaf.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Canucks will have nothing of interest unless they want a Stetcher and maybe like a B- grade prospect. Even then would rather just roll with our D now, no point in gambling on a defender to figure out a new system and only play 20 games when we get knocked out first round.
That was the first thing I thought of. Stecher can be controlled at a price that may be acceptable to the Leafs and is a decent RD. I don't think he's in the Canucks plans in any event. It would allow the Canucks to see how Barrie "fits" with the team so that the team can have more information about how best to spend their UFA money this off season as between Barrie, Tanev or bringing over Tryamkin. I'm sure the Leafs would love a 1 for 1 trade for Tanev but the Canucks would never consider such a trade unless they are certain that Tanev won't resign.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
because.... you say so? Interesting
What part of that sentence was tough for you to understand?

John Tavares said he wanted to stay in LI, he didnt.

Is Barrie not human as well?

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Sounding like Barrie is to be extended and then dealt.

Vegas is most likely the ones to deal for him to further shore up their defense (Martinez) IMO.

To accommodate the cap this year, Vegas would have to send salary the other way. Reaves perhaps?

I’d suggest something like this...

Barrie (extended)
Bracco
Harpur

For

1st in 20
Reaves
Hague

Reactions: Magic Man

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Again, I wonder what Vegas would offer if they can extend him.

Has to be a 1st minimum

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
That was the first thing I thought of. Stecher can be controlled at a price that may be acceptable to the Leafs and is a decent RD. I don't think he's in the Canucks plans in any event. It would allow the Canucks to see how Barrie "fits" with the team so that the team can have more information about how best to spend their UFA money this off season as between Barrie, Tanev or bringing over Tryamkin. I'm sure the Leafs would love a 1 for 1 trade for Tanev but the Canucks would never consider such a trade unless they are certain that Tanev won't resign.
Tanev for Barrie would be a horrendous trade for the Canucks. We already give up one of the most amount of grade A shots, Barrie would just add to that especially loosing our best defensive D. Also Nikita isn't much more than a 6/7 right now, his first year in KHL was great and the last 2 were pretty meh so who knows if he can be anything more than a 3rd pairing at this point.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
His numbers are worse than I thought. 8 power play points despite all that firepower.

Yup, it's been bad. The Leafs' PP1 has been pretty decent despite Barrie - who brings it down. Since Keefe took over (which was when Barrie was moved to PP1) Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander are all running about 12 GF/60 on the PP. Barrie is at 9.01. Team does better when they run 5 forwards. They would probably do better if they used Sandin or Muzzin instead of Barrie on the PP1. Every time Barrie gets the puck I cringe.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
indeed a few Leaf fans try and find the best value for the lowest price- No idea how you would find that shocking.
100% agreed. As you said, leaf fans try and fill this part of the boards with ridiculous claims.

A 1st, a 2nd, and a good prospect for 20 games of Barrie is reasonable to these leaf fans, all while a better, younger defenceman, signed for term, is only worth Ceci/Jobnsson/Bracco/2nd.

But at least you admit, it’s not even shocking to see these types of posts among that fan base anymore. Kudos on the objectivity. Cheers

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
A bad trade for Flames, we already have Hamonic and Hanifin who are a disaster in our own zone. We do not need another bad defensive player.
Meh. Hanifin’s getting better. If the deal involves Hamonic for Barrie, Hamonic is a moot point.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Barrie unextended = 1st + b prospect

Barrie extended = 1st + b prospect + young roster player

Barrie unextended is not getting a 1st and a b prospect.

As for your Barrie extended getting 1st, b prospect and young roster player....which one is 33-year-old Reaves? Is he the young roster player? The b prospect? The 1st? Reaves is a valuable physical presence on Vegas. And which one is Hague? The b prospect? If he is a b prospect then what is Liljegren? A c prospect? What a joke.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

As for your Barrie extended getting 1st, b prospect and young roster player....which one is 33-year-old Reaves? Is he the young roster player? The b prospect? The 1st? Reaves is a valuable physical presence on Vegas. And which one is Hague? The b prospect? If he is a b prospect then what is Liljegren? A c prospect? What a joke.

Barrie extended would get a 1st + a c prospect

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
the stetcher talk is interesting, but dont see how it makes sense for the leafs at the price. Stetch is the kind of guy they could use as a cheap D next year, but I would think they could get a lot more for Barrie this deadline. However, I wonder why they want to move him at all? Who will replace him, esp at that price, and that I assume Leafs are still trying to go for it.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007

My offer including Reaves was my take and my preference.
Obviously Reaves isn’t a young roster player, and Hague obviously isn’t a b prospect. Hence my deal was modified accordingly.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
My offer including Reaves was my take and my preference.
Obviously Reaves isn’t a young roster player, and Hague obviously isn’t a b prospect. Hence my deal was modified accordingly.

except for the fact that it wasn't really modified since bracco and harpur offer nothing to vegas. your asking for a 1st/a prospect/ and a useful roster player.

If you step a tier down I'm sure that package would be more reasonable. (1st/b/player)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'll bet whatever asset or assets we add for Barrie still won't be worth Kadri's skate laces.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
except for the fact that it wasn't really modified since bracco and harpur offer nothing to vegas. your asking for a 1st/a prospect/ and a useful roster player.

If you step a tier down I'm sure that package would be more reasonable. (1st/b/player)
Barrie extended is a top pairing guy with term and 60 point upside. Coleman got a 1st + Foote for 2 years of service.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007

My offers aren’t set in stone (obviously).
Anyone is welcome to counter. I’d love to go back and fourth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad